Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 03:22 PM

Re: Trump.

Get ready for 4 more years of such fun!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Get ready for 4 more years of such fun!

I hope so Annie
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:42 PM

I was erring on the side of caution regarding he initial report from 2018, but the evidence and corroboration has built up:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/p...ory/index.html

Jeffrey Goldberg, who authored The Atlantic piece, stood by his reporting in an appearance on CNN's "New Day" Friday morning. "I stand by my reporting," he said. "I have multiple sources telling me this is what happened, and so I stand by it."

So, we're left with this dilemma: Goldberg insists the story is true. Trump insists the story is false. Both of those views can't be right.

On Saturday, a former senior administration official confirmed to CNN that Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during the November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Associated Press have also corroborated parts of The Atlantic's reporting.

Trump's insistence that he would never say anything disparaging about a military veteran or the military more generally is belied by, well, facts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Always seemed an irony that a man who even dodged the draft ended up as their forces' supreme commander, they must hate that... I know I would.

It's a bit like our own Prince Charlie, Field Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet and Marshal of the Royal Air Force.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's a bit like our own Prince Charlie, Field Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet and Marshal of the Royal Air Force.
Erm:

Military training and career

Charles served in the Royal Air Force and, following in the footsteps of his father, grandfather and two of his great-grandfathers, in the Royal Navy. During his second year at Cambridge, he requested and received Royal Air Force training. On 8 March 1971, he flew himself to the Royal Air Force College Cranwell to train as a jet pilot. After the passing-out parade that September, he embarked on a naval career and enrolled in a six-week course at the Royal Naval College Dartmouth. He then served on the guided-missile destroyer HMS Norfolk (1971–1972) and the frigates HMS Minerva (1972–1973) and HMS Jupiter (1974). In 1974, he qualified as a helicopter pilot at RNAS Yeovilton, and then joined 845 Naval Air Squadron, operating from HMS Hermes.

On 9 February 1976, Charles took command of the coastal minehunter HMS Bronington for his last ten months of active service in the navy.

He learned to fly on a Chipmunk basic pilot trainer, a BAC Jet Provost jet trainer, and a Beagle Basset multi-engine trainer; he then regularly flew the Hawker Siddeley Andover, Westland Wessex and BAe 146 aircraft of The Queen's Flight until he gave up flying in 1994.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Erm:

But did he dodge a bullet? Plenty probably, from his underlings.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I hope so Annie

I bet my bottom dollar Trump will be back in .
Grin
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

I bet my bottom dollar Trump will be back in .
Grin
I certainly hope so. The consequences of the alternative don't hear thinking about.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top