Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 06:13 PM

Turn and turn about

I have just been reading a biography on Trump, written by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher. Apparently Trump has changed parties between Democrats and Repulicans seven times from 1999 to 2011. Why I wonder would he want to do this? Is what I am thinking so obvious or may it be he simply cannot make his mind up?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 06:27 PM

Re: Turn and turn about

Churchill did the same sort of thing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have just been reading a biography on Trump, written by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher. Apparently Trump has changed parties between Democrats and Repulicans seven times from 1999 to 2011. Why I wonder would he want to do this? Is what I am thinking so obvious or may it be he simply cannot make his mind up?

I'm not sure that's true - this is what Wiki says:

Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...f_Donald_Trump
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:01 PM

Every one is able to change their mind .
Doesn"t make them bad people
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Churchill did the same sort of thing.
What 7 times in 12 years?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Every one is able to change their mind .
Doesn"t make them bad people
Maybe not, but it shows a lack of allegiance IMO - or maybe he was going with whichever party he thought would be strongest and more likely to get him a chance of being in power or making him president. Whatever, it is not something to be admired in a leader - again IMO.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Omah said:-
"Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party."

According to the biography I was reading:-
"After registering as a Democrat in 2001 Trump switched back to the Republicans in 2003. He became a Democrat again in 2005 and a Republican again in 2009. He chose not to be affiliated with any party in 2011 and returned to the GOP in 2012 (stoking speculation that he would seek the presidency. Asked what he would say to critics who saw the constant party switching as proof that he had no core beliefs, Trump responded - I think it had to do more with practicality, because if you're going to run for office, you would have had to make friends"

Whichever way you look at it it does seem he changed allegiance according to who might do him the most good. No morals or core principles IMO. In my book this man has no conscience or shame.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:44 PM

According to the biography I was reading:-
"After registering as a Democrat in 2001 Trump switched back to the Republicans in 2003. He became a Democrat again in 2005 and a Republican again in 2009. He chose not to be affiliated with any party in 2011 and returned to the GOP in 2012 (stoking speculation that he would seek the presidency. Asked what he would say to critics who saw the constant party switching as proof that he had no core beliefs, Trump responded - I think it had to do more with practicality, because if you're going to run for office, you would have had to make friends"

Whichever way you look at it it does seem he changed allegiance according to who might do him the most good. No morals or core principles IMO. In my book this man has no conscience or shame.
Indeed ...... some may call Trump a pragmatist, but I prefer to call him a cynical opportunist .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:21 PM

What 7 times in 12 years?
I did say same sort of thing, not the same thing.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-09-2020, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ...... some may call Trump a pragmatist, but I prefer to call him a cynical opportunist .....
Nowt wrong with that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top