Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: Rocker - Mod or church mouse

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you don't know what you missed, at least the Teddy boy and Teddy girl era had gone (late1950s). See them walking down a high street swinging bike chains, believe me you kept well clear
Those were the days, when you could leave your bike unlocked.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was a Mod in the 1960’s and in those days, fashion was very important to me. Most of my clothes were bought from boutiques or l would tell the boutique owner what l would like and they would order or get them from London. I was called the ‘Queen of the Mods’, locally!

Famous names from that era were Twiggy, Mary Quant, Jean Shrimpton, Barbara Hulanicki (Biba) Vidal Sassoon plus many more.

I didn’t like scooters but preferred motorbikes... Vincent’s, Velocetti, BSA Goldies, Triumph Bonnevilles, Francis Barnett but l didn’t like the greasy rockers. They were usually ‘hardcases’... Sorry TAT!!
Hey! No apologies needed! I wasn't the suave gentleman then that I am now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Those were the days, when you could leave your bike unlocked.

Spitty, l was more shocked to discover that modern motorbikes don’t have a kickstart pedal anymore!

I went out with someone about 5 years ago and he was a bit grumpy faced at times. Yet when he kicked the kickstart on his BSA Goldie and it purred into action. You should have seen his face, he was like a Cheshire Cat with a smile from ear to ear!!

He also had a Ninja and Harley Davidson motorbikes
His pride and joy was his 1996 ice blue Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray that he used to take me out in.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hey! No apologies needed! I wasn't the suave gentleman then that I am now.
Oh, so you’re a Mod type now?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 02:07 PM

Oh, so you’re a Mod type now?
Now that IS a bit near the knuckle! In any case I'm closer to being a superannuated member of the old Quality Street "social club"!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2020, 02:14 PM

Now that IS a bit near the knuckle! In any case I'm closer to being a superannuated member of the old Quality Street "social club"!
Have you seen how much Mod scooters are fetching, especially Lambrettas with loads of badges on them.

Vintage Motorbikes are going for a good price too. I saw most of them in the Classic Car And Motorcycle Exhibition at the N.E.C a few years ago One of my best days out ever.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-09-2020, 02:29 PM

Have you seen how much Mod scooters are fetching, especially Lambrettas with loads of badges on them.

Vintage Motorbikes are going for a good price too. I saw most of them in the Classic Car And Motorcycle Exhibition at the N.E.C a few years ago One of my best days out ever.
A lot of them are probably wrinklies trying to recapture their youth.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2020, 02:31 PM

A lot of them are probably wrinklies trying to recapture their youth.
Yes, definitely!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 02:50 PM

Yeah, the old gits get Scooters because they can't get their Leg Over anymore.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-09-2020, 02:53 PM

Joking apart, since I've lost weight, my Motorcycle is three times heavier than I am.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top