Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Littlesisfor7
New Member!
United States
Littlesisfor7 is female 

23-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Re: Rocker - Mod or church mouse

Let's just say...I was a very good observer-collector of details.
The last ride my brother (whom I lost) did, was to Sturgis Rally, South Dakota a decade ago. He did not own a bike but his best friend knew he wouldn't live much longer and took him out there.
I think he just enjoyed being out on the open road & didn't really care about the rally.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Re: Rocker - Mod or church mouse

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Which were you.

A rocker with leather greasy jacket and a big throbbing engine between your legs

A Mod on a silly two wheels scooter with loads of lights on the front because they didn't see well in the dark

Church mouse dressed in a white cloth singing you heart out and wishing you were one of the above

Me? you would usually find me at the "Ace of Spades" coffee bar at Tolworth or the "Toast Rack" coffee bar in Sutton Sy

The Orchid ballroom in Purley was the place to go for a good night out had to wear suit and tie or stopped at the door

Top band played there. No longer any of the above are still there

Definately Mod with 5 of my 6 brothers Mods, complete with dozens of scooters parked outside our house every weekend and every room in the house occupied!
I had a wardrobe full of shift dresses,swirly patterned dresses, mini skirts or pencil skirts which were worn with either turtle neck or chunky sweaters, different coloured 2-tone Trevira jackets and matching pencil skirt suits. I laugh when I recall how we girls, to get the exact colour hanky in the top pocket to match the button down blouse worn, we used to cut the end off the hems of our blouses to make into a hankie (always had blouses tucked into skirts so no-one ever saw missing piece! lol.Strangely, I refused to wear a Parker, I had a bright mustard tartan lined hooded duffle coat which I wore all the time instead.
Every weekend dozens of us on scooters invaded Rhyl, inevitably, the boys having a ruck with Rockers on the beachfront. If they had their bikes, over the wall it would go onto the sand ( it wasn't much of a drop, it was the same with scooters if outnumbered). Staying in booked caravans for one night, (I had to stay with my brothers or wasn't allowed to go). Must have ruined many an amorous weekend for them!

Lovely memories of great times.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top