Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Brussels caves in?

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Of course. And the UK will give the EU exactly what suits the UK. That's why it's called a negotiation.

We'd better.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Watch out for the Irish Border making a stronger re-appearance.

Clearly, the US is being used, by the EU, to put a spanner on the Nuts again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Watch out for the Irish Border making a stronger re-appearance.

Clearly, the US is being used, by the EU, to put a spanner on the Nuts again.
Hi

I rather think that it is the Irish Americans who are calling the shots.

After all, that is where most of the IRA Money came from.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:30 PM

Well, as far as I am concerned, all the wording from these articles are ''could'' ''may'' ''suggested'' . Its all heresay at the moment. Boris knows that if he gives even an inch where fishing, laws and being under the boot of the EU courts, he will be finished long before the next General Election. His own Red MPs would see to that long before we the electorate, put him out.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt only because it is Frosty and not him in charge of the negotiations. I've always seen Boris as the weak link but hope he proves me wrong. I wish it was Nigel Farage there instead of Boris to be honest with you, but we have what we have and have to put our trust in him. God, it's like De Ja Vu, I'd swear I said the same about that troll Theresa May! Hey Ho.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, as far as I am concerned, all the wording from these articles are ''could'' ''may'' ''suggested'' . Its all heresay at the moment. Boris knows that if he gives even an inch where fishing, laws and being under the boot of the EU courts, he will be finished long before the next General Election. His own Red MPs would see to that long before we the electorate, put him out.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt only because it is Frosty and not him in charge of the negotiations. I've always seen Boris as the weak link but hope he proves me wrong. I wish it was Nigel Farage there instead of Boris to be honest with you, but we have what we have and have to put our trust in him. God, it's like De Ja Vu, I'd swear I said the same about that troll Theresa May! Hey Ho.
Another maelstrom heading in the direction of the PM.

Imperative he is kept on his toes, alert, ready for anything that may be proposed at the eleventh hour by the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I agree. So far, Boris has done the right thing, at least with regard to Brexit. (Not so sure about HS2, though.)
I, too, would still feel happier with Nigel at the helm, though. I have yet to hear him speak of anything with which I disagree.
It's just a shame that most people (apparently) don't have the bravery to actually vote for him and his party, though we did in the last EU elections of course.

Hey ho! If the people of this country can't feel able enough to support the one man who could really take this country where most people want to go, then I'm afraid they're not entitled to call themselves British!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Or perhaps not, but have they finally seen a modicum of common sense over €uro clearing transactions? From the article it seems the EU have given European banks permission banks to trade trillions of pounds and €uros through the City of London until 2022 when it hopes the European banks will be able to handle the volume of trades themselves.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...it-trade-talks
So after that date banks in EU cities will take care of of transactions? Trillions of pounds will no longer go via london, banks there losing customers. Prepare for more announcements like:
JPMorgan shifts €200bn of assets to Frankfurt
(Last year barclay shifted a similar amount)
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
So after that date banks in EU cities will take care of of transactions? Trillions of pounds will no longer go via london, banks there losing customers. Prepare for more announcements like:
JPMorgan shifts €200bn of assets to Frankfurt
(Last year barclay shifted a similar amount)
I'm betting that you cannot explain exactly what these assets are - and what real impact the moving of then will have to the UK.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I'm betting that you cannot explain exactly what these assets are - and what real impact the moving of then will have to the UK.
To get you just as informed as you usually are (), have a read:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
https://www.cer.eu/publications/arch...reathing-space
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
To get you just as informed as you usually are (), have a read:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
https://www.cer.eu/publications/arch...reathing-space
You mean you don't know.

AGAIN - I'm betting that you cannot explain exactly what these assets are - and what real impact the moving of then will have to the UK.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top