Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:21 PM

Re: Lidl is the Cheapest Supermarket

Our nearest lidl is a pile of cr@p.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

21-08-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I go to Aldi or Morrisons.

Yep Aldi or Morrison's for us too. X
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:51 AM

I use Lidl regularly but last week I bought carrots and a lettuce...as usual I cut the bags open to get fresh air in and stored them in my cool kitchen cupboard.
The very next day the carrots were black with mold and the lettuce a brown slimy mess.
All this storage in plastic does nobody any favours.I buy veg loose now from a local greencrocers.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:58 AM

I go to any...really if I need something and I'm passing a supermarket that's the one for me.....except Waitrose I'm not into being seen off.....they're having a laugh with their prices.

I love our local farm shop....I might pass a supermarket to go there.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:20 AM

After shopping for years at Sainsbury's merely out of habit, we decided to give Lidl a try, without compromising any thing, we saved almost £25 on the weekly shop, that's over a thousand pounds a year.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Lidl & Aldi in this house .
Like their prices.
Every little helps TBH.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:13 AM

I used to buy all my fruit/veg from a Farm Shop - unfortunately it has recently closed. When I started my pickle/relish/chutney marathon last weekend I bought the vegs from Sainsbury's - next nearest place to home. Never again!

One of the corn cobs had slimy things living in the base. Even though I unpacked the carrots as soon as I reached home they still went down with the dreaded black spots overnight. The green beans were mostly string and could not be used. Sainsbury's were sent a sharp email - to which I am still waiting for a reply.

First - and last - time ever I have bought fresh (ha ha) food from a supermarket. Unless someone else takes over the Farm Shop - I will go into town to the market in future.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 09:24 AM

I actually find the supermarket you are most familiar with is cheapest always. I shop at tesco every week and I know if I was to go to another I wouldn't find what I wanted and end up tempted by other things.

I think lidl is pretty appalling our nearest is quite a long drive away and when we get there the freezers an fridges are not clean nor at right temperature. The entire store is filthy.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 04:10 PM

I buy about two thirds of the items on the list regularly but don't find Lidl particularly cheap. Their vegetarian and vegan ranges are very poor compared to the mainstream supermarkets.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top