Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:34 PM

Re: The little french poison dwarf

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Oh don't worry Solasch I know full well the EU and its Common Purpose operatives will never allow us to leave. I have said it all along. They put 40 years of effort into fraudulently moving us into the EU by steath so they are not about to lose all that effort.

Comical though seeing how the EU has to conduct all this pantomime charade to try and get their dictatorial actions through in the least damaging way.

I doubt it will work.

Once the populous realises they've been hoodwinked and that they were never going to be allowed to leave, I think the yellow jackets in France will seem like kindergarten to the UK reaction that will ensue.
👏 like I said, I love to read your stories.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 08:49 PM

Whether it is admitted or not I don't think there is any doubt that Brexit is tearing this country apart. Macron is spot on. As we are at the moment Brexit is undeliverable - IMO, of course.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 09:25 PM

It is true that the country is being torn apart, but that is not down to Brexit
It is down to the fact that we had a referendum but the losing side have refused to accept the majority decision; or what we usually refer to as 'democracy'.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
As we are at the moment Brexit is undeliverable - IMO, of course.
Wrong. We can simply wait until March 29th and by default BrExit will occur. Really simple. Totally deliverable.

Unfortunately our corrupt politicians and the corrupt EU will jointly prevent it happening.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Wrong. We can simply wait until March 29th and by default BrExit will occur. Really simple. Totally deliverable.

Unfortunately our corrupt politicians and the corrupt EU will jointly prevent it happening.
b.i.b. I sincerely hope they will because I believe it would be an absolute catastrophe for this country and we will suffer the consequences for many years to come.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is true that the country is being torn apart, but that is not down to Brexit
It is down to the fact that we had a referendum but the losing side have refused to accept the majority decision; or what we usually refer to as 'democracy'.
I believe it is down to Brexit. Even those who want Brexit are at odds at about how it should be managed and cannot agree. They themselves are divided. There was not a large enough majority to be decisive and meaningful and as a result the country is now split down the middle. One percent lead is not decisive enough IMO, particularly when the consequences of a Brexit were not made clear (because nobody actually thought it through or knew). As for democracy, if somebody does not agree with something they have a democratic right to object. It's not good enough to say we won the vote in this sort of situation. It's not that simple. (IMO again)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 10:27 PM

You don't need the EU to stop it happening, just enough british mp's with sufficient common sense.
As far as the EU is concerned, they will honour the choice of your parliament. They have an opinion about the sensibility of leaving, and will voice it. And they will try to get the most advantageous deal for the EU, because the EU is a union of tradesmen.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:03 AM

Do you know what? I can't be bothered with this any more

There is simply no point in trying to continue a conversation or discussion with someone who describes a majority of 1,269,501 votes as 'not large enough to be decisive or meaningful'.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
One percent lead is not decisive enough IMO (IMO again)

One %, are you sure about that?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-01-2019, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
One %, are you sure about that?
The average of 50 +/- 2. One side had +2 the other -2. That's half each?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top