Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Fairy nuff
New Member!
Worcestershire
Fairy nuff is female 

07-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Brexit and the BBC

Is it me .....

Is it me or is anyone else completely fed up with the totally biased, ego driven coverage the BBC is giving to Brexit and the surrounding issues.

Which ever way you voted there is a fear of nailing your colours to any flag the subject is so emotive and volatile and causes more division than Marmite. families, Friends and colleagues feel afraid to own up to their allegiance in case relationships are put into jeopardy. Mostly because the BBC only peddles doom and gloom. Playing fast and loose with our democratic process and driving leavers into hiding (but failing on any and every level to sway our opinions on Brexit just our opinion of the BBC)

So at the risk of just that happening I would like to state I voted for Brexit, not because I was lied to or because of some nonsense written on the side of a bus, not because I am xenophobic or I want to see friends and family suffer because of any unknown impact Brexit May or may not have on their life or business nor because I don’t want my children to enjoy hassle free gap years neither did I vote to limit a geographic pool of work opportunities or staff.

For me the vote to leave was a case of head over heart. I believe the EU to be outdated and autocratic and I truly believe we have no say or power from within. I feel that the EU is passing laws and developing processes and integrations and making decisions without us - the people - having any real idea about what, where, who, why, how much .... the list is endless and the power is absolutely not in our hands this entire Brexit process has hammered that home for us all. EU members want our welfare our armies our politics all integrated, aligned and who is going to govern these amalgamated super powers. The power of decision making or having any say in these policies does not sit with us (as David Cameron’s last visit to Brussels showed) it sits firmly with Germany and Belgium. I feel like we said yes to joining the common market decades ago and that has morphed into something unrecognisable and controlling.
We don’t necessarily want to be like Norway or Switzerland (although they do consistently out perform the EU) we are 65 million people compared to their combined population of less than 10 million. We can be even better. We have power in our numbers we are a massive loss to the EU and their arrogant and bullish disregard of this fact and the recent obnoxious comments of Mr Tusk surely, SURELY are casting doubts over the EU to even the most staunch remainers.

So BBC if you are listening, get behind our democratic process, get behind the will of the people, the majority vote, get behind our country. Fuelling fear and inciting negativity is counter productive. You (the BBC) should know better than anyone how great our country is, how amazing the British people are at rallying together, you should know we are mighty, we are strong if we are together we can conquer anything. You have the power to help us come together, heal the divide just get behind Brexit, promote positivity. I’m not suggesting spin or lies just that you focus on things we know to be true and that are helpful and reassuring. Facts like we (out of all 28 current member countries) export more to the rest of the world to China to Japan to the USA. We are the fifth largest economy in the world. We have created more jobs than the other 27 member countries combined. Come on BBC you are a great British Corporation (the clue is in the name) be proud, be positive embrace this brilliant and exciting future that we are about to embark on. Stop thinking of yourself, your vote and think of your country and don’t under estimate us. I can not be the only person who can now see the true corrupt. Arrogant. Controlling nature of the EU. I have not for one second regretted my vote and I don’t know any leaver that has. Wake up, we failed to get even tiny changes to laws/policies through Brussels during our time within, don’t sell us short. Come on BBC show some faith, faith in us, faith in our democracy, faith in Britain it’s great.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Re: Brexit and the BBC

Good evening Fairy. Welcome to the forum!

The BBC have to be unbiased. It's their job.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 10:37 PM

So you want the BBC to peddle pro-brexit lies and this will be democratic how?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:23 PM

The BBC has behaved absolutely despicably throughout this entire 2 year fiasco. They have shown themselves to be UBER biased towards the EU and not a single hours goes by on either BBC TV or Radio where they don't throw in the sound bites and mantras that Leaving with No Deal will be a disaster, catastrophe, walking over the cliff edge etc etc.

They are abusing their position and are simply engaged in brainwashing the nation using very well known psychological techniques.

Just disgusting behaviour.

Like all major institutions here it will be infested with Freemasons and Common Purpose operatives all working for the higher power.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:31 PM

Excellent post Fairy Nuff
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good evening Fairy. Welcome to the forum!

The BBC have to be unbiased. It's their job.

A pity they aren't then.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:55 PM

The BBC get 2.5 million a year from the EU in funding to promote the EU in a positive way.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The BBC get 2.5 million a year from the EU in funding to promote the EU in a positive way.
Liar! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...endum-36149789
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 01:15 AM

From the BBC .... Ha ha ha
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 06:10 AM

Welcome Fairy Nuff...a really good post and I agree with every word...if I hear the term crashing out with no deal one more time from BBC reporters !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top