Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Re: Nigel Farage's New Party To Fight Biggest Battle!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can understand your points, but don't you think that the country is split already?

As you say, our politics are a complete mess at the moment: both the Conservative and Labour parties come across as incompetent and quite probably corrupt, certainly in the latter case.

The Leaver faction in each of the two parties tends to find themselves being overruled by the remainers, led by the two leaders, Mayday and Compo.

We really do need a new and independent political party, and the people who are being ignored in Parliament at the moment are the 17.4 million who voted to leave the EU.

Surely, those people deserve a political party which offers them their support, don't they?

I'd like to see the new Brexit Party fully established as soon as possible and, even better, the leaver factions in both the Conservative and Labour parties deciding to join it.

The fair representation of the majority in Parliament is surely a definition of true democracy.

Yes the country is split anyway, but why split the population any further. We already have three defined parties in the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib.Dems. Nigel Farage would make four parties (plus the other smaller groups who crop up from time to time). I have not seen any up to date manifesto produced by Nigel Farage. All we seem to be hearing him speak about is Brexit. Where does he stand on other issues? - I don't know. I have the feeling that he is a load of hot air - a meddler and a troublemaker who attracts other trouble makers with their own agendas. No, I don't think we can have another party in the running, especially one headed up by
Farage. If anything I would give the Liberal Democrats another go rather than have him on the scene.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Yes the country is split anyway, but why split the population any further. We already have three defined parties in the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib.Dems. Nigel Farage would make four parties (plus the other smaller groups who crop up from time to time). I have not seen any up to date manifesto produced by Nigel Farage. All we seem to be hearing him speak about is Brexit. Where does he stand on other issues? - I don't know. I have the feeling that he is a load of hot air - a meddler and a troublemaker who attracts other trouble makers with their own agendas. No, I don't think we can have another party in the running, especially one headed up by
Farage. If anything I would give the Liberal Democrats another go rather than have him on the scene.
Not sure I agree.
At least Farage will say things for what they are, and is not particularly paralysed by PC like many.
I actually think he could / would have made a very good PM.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Not sure I agree.
At least Farage will say things for what they are, and is not particularly paralysed by PC like many.
I actually think he could / would have made a very good PM.
I cannot agree - He is certainly no diplomat IMO. I don't think it would take very long before he put his foot in his mouth big time and he would either not care or not realise. I do not think he is an honourable man either. IMO definitely not the sort of person I would like to see representing our country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:44 PM

True. I haven't read any manifesto either.

However, something we must remember is that there wouldn't have been any referendum if it hadn't been for him.

There are at least 17.4 million people who feel grateful to him for that.

We should also realise that the party is only now in the process of being formed. How do you know that there won't be any manifesto, and it is nowhere near the next general election yet anyway?

As for the Limp Dems, why do you think they are now a fraction of the party they used to be? They are a joke!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:45 PM

I cannot agree - He is certainly no diplomat IMO. I don't think it would take very long before he put his foot in his mouth big time and he would either not care or not realise. I do not think he is an honourable man either. IMO definitely not the sort of person I would like to see representing our country.
Then we'll amicably agree to disagree.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:53 PM

I disagree.

He's no diplomat, perhaps, but he does have the good of the country at heart and, to me at least, he seems a lot more honest than most of our current MPs.

Another big advantage is that he wouldn't stand for all the crap and the bullying we see from Shrimp Bercow.

I'd certainly trust him rather than most of the current crop of MPs I can think of. Honesty doesn't appear to be particularly prevalent in Parliament at the moment.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

11-02-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True. I haven't read any manifesto either.

However, something we must remember is that there wouldn't have been any referendum if it hadn't been for him.

There are at least 17.4 million people who feel grateful to him for that.

We should also realise that the party is only now in the process of being formed. How do you know that there won't be any manifesto, and it is nowhere near the next general election yet anyway?

As for the Limp Dems, why do you think they are now a fraction of the party they used to be? They are a joke!

b.i.b. I don't think there is anything to be grateful to Farage for. This country was not ready for a referendum. There was insufficient information on what leaving the EU would entail (and I don't think that is hindsight). Until everybody had truly taken on board what it meant and the complexities involved (as well as the negatives) we should not have had a referendum IMO. I believe many of the people who voted "leave" will end up much the poorer for leaving the EU. Bah humbug to Farage and Cameron - they have done the country no service at all and I hold them responsible for the mess we are now in.

The Lib Dems. have a lot of work to do to win back the votes they had, but given time and the will it can be done. Just hope Farage doesn't decide to join them Sorry, but I really can't stand the man - he is a nuisance and an arrogant mischief maker IMO who likes the sound of his own voice more than most. Pity people are sucked in by him - again IMO.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-02-2019, 10:05 PM

b.i.b. I don't think there is anything to be grateful to Farage for. This country was not ready for a referendum. There was insufficient information on what leaving the EU would entail (and I don't think that is hindsight). Until everybody had truly taken on board what it meant and the complexities involved (as well as the negatives) we should not have had a referendum IMO. I believe many of the people who voted "leave" will end up much the poorer for leaving the EU. Bah humbug to Farage and Cameron - they have done the country no service at all and I hold them responsible for the mess we are now in.

The Lib Dems. have a lot of work to do to win back the votes they had, but given time and the will it can be done. Just hope Farage doesn't decide to join them Sorry, but I really can't stand the man - he is a nuisance and an arrogant mischief maker IMO who likes the sound of his own voice more than most. Pity people are sucked in by him - again IMO.
Those (in bold) are exactly the sort of words that remoaners use to try to assure us that we were 'mistaken' to vote to leave the EU.

"We didn't fully understand the implications of Brexit", or words to that effect, I have heard dozens of times.

I don't agree with you, and neither do over 17 million people.

Incidentally, I have just registered my interest in the party via their official web site, so I'm afraid that I am definitely not one who you are likely to persuade otherwise.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 11:48 PM

As a point of order, Nigel Farage hasn't set the new `Brexit` party up, he's just given his backing to it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-02-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As a point of order, Nigel Farage hasn't set the new `Brexit` party up, he's just given his backing to it.
True, but if it wants to succeed, it needs to ask him to participate.

My guess is that he'll join, but stand in the EU elections - assuming we are still in of course.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top