Join for free
Page 336 of 487 « First < 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 > Last »
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Slept well on my new mattress last night,missed the dip in the old one!
Watching Trooping of the Colour-friend's grandson is taking part,doubt if I'll be able to pick him out among all those soldiers marching.
There's a vintage steam show on the outskirts of the village today and tomorrow and the dragon bike ride passes through the village tomorrow-someone hasn't planned that very well.Thankfully I went shopping early this morning and haven't got to go out in the car tomorrow.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 12:26 PM

Nice and dry here but a bit breezy . I just got around to cleaning the seagull spit off my window so that's my lot.
H/S have been around and they were going to close the flats down unless we do loads of work in the corridors . We have to have our bedroom and bathroom windows boarded up so no ventilation and all our front doors changed and the meter cupboards changed to fire proof ones.We have only got to 20th Aug to get it all done and if anyone refuses the rest of us will be evicted . Anyone want a lodger ?.Its getting paid out of our maintainance money but we will have to get a loan as well so the maintainance will have to be increased . I only had new windows last year so gutted. Suppose after Grenfell we should be glad they are on the ball
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 07:04 PM

What on earth do you mean Jac about having your windows boarded up? I can understand the bit about fireproof meter cupboards, but why would you board up windows?

Dreadful morning this morning, pouring with rain and it's the YFC County Rally. Middle son took Jamie, he's stock judging and taking part in a blindfold obstacle course. Luckily the day has improved considerably so perhaps they won't get too wet. I took Chris swimming, but have done absolutely nothing else. (Hurty foot today, so that's my excuse)
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Hi Sue, We can replace the widows with glass ones but we wont be able to open them into the corridor . There are lights in the corridor which come on once anyone comes out of their door so a bit of a nuisance because it wakes you up . They decided it may be better just the board them up then it would be dark in the room . ??I'll just go with the flow .
It was raining earlier but stopped now but its not very warm
Have a good day xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Do you mean to say you don't have a window on an outside wall in your bedroom?

Went to Church this morning and we had a really nasty shower luckily while we were inside, but the sun is shining again now.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Sunny so far this morning.
Going to Swansea today to hit the shops and lunch with a friend.Luckily we like the same sort of shops.
Have a good day.
Jac
Wales UK

10-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Not really Sue . The corridor runs the full length of the flats and the window in the bedroom opens into the corridor . There are windows in the corridor opening to the outside .It seems as though its really a fire trap so we have to take advice . I don't mind the bedroom being dark but I will miss not being able to have an open window ,same in the shower room
No rain here so I've got some washing out but the forecast isn't good .
Enjoy your day xxx
Sweetsue
midWales

10-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Jac I am gobsmacked! Can't believe there is no ventilation in the bedroom - dark doesn't matter too much but fresh air?????

Did my stint in the Cathedral in Brecon for a couple of hours this morning. Meet some fascinating people. Then I managed to get a parking space outside the Bank - deep joy. Picked up a few odds and ends and then home by 1.30 pm. Have been doing my tax returns and discovered that the Bank had stopped sending me statements (without so much as a by-your-leave) so gave them a piece of my mind about that. Spent the afternoon printing off statements up to date. Grrr!
Jac
Wales UK

11-06-2019, 12:24 PM

I will miss the window opening Sue . I have mine open a little bit even in the Winter ;Oh well, will have to get used to it
Not actually raining but very damp looking out there.Just defrosted the fridge .Something wrong with it because the ice making bit freezes up too much and often .Not doing much else .Have a good one xx
Sweetsue
midWales

11-06-2019, 02:42 PM

You're very philosophical Jac - I'd be devastated.

Horrible day. Haven't done much this morning except make a cake. DIL just phoned to say they'd be late picking Chris up because they're going to shear some more sheep (they've been in the shed since yesterday so they will at least be dry). Consequently the cake will be going down there...

Off to the cinema in Hay this evening to see live streaming of the ballet "Romeo & Juliet".

Page 336 of 487 « First < 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top