Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Chris rea - nothing to fear

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Chris Rea the home boy that made good. Most of my family worked for his old man one time or another in either his ice cream factory down the Longlands or his ice cream bar's around Boro.

I cannot help remembering the good old days when I listen to Chris singing Lets Dance. To all Boro nutters around the world.

Lucky you LF - lots of ice cream treats then. I knew he was from
Middlesboro and the family business was in ice cream.

Just love his music.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 07:31 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0r_O2FYxI

One of my favourites. If You Were Me, with Elton John.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0r_O2FYxI

One of my favourites. If You Were Me, with Elton John.

Thanks for this - I really like it and had never heard
it previously!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
Thanks for this - I really like it and had never heard
it previously!
I’m no Elton John fan, at all, but do like this.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 11:28 PM

I currently have fourteen Chris Rea CDs in my collection. All on my Ipod in the car. Never a day goes by where i don't play at least 1 of them interspersed with the occasional Dire Straits. Now and then i might put on some Michael Buble, just keep my wife happy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 11:49 PM

Chris should have stopped, after Shamrock Diaries.Imo
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I currently have fourteen Chris Rea CDs in my collection. All on my Ipod in the car. Never a day goes by where i don't play at least 1 of them interspersed with the occasional Dire Straits. Now and then i might put on some Michael Buble, just keep my wife happy.
Did you buy the 11-CD boxed set "Blue Guitars", which came out in 2005, EZ Rider?
It was an incredibly ambitious set of new recordings tracing the history of blues music, every song his own composition.
It came in a lovely box with his own artwork, which is always based around paintings of guitars.

He's such a nice, decent bloke is Chris Rea, very unnassuming and humble. He doesn't know how bloody good he is as a guitarist and is very underrated I think. Poor bloke has been through hell and back with his illnesses over the years.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Art his music is deep and all as meaning so sometimes the mood changes.
He also started writing and playing blues back in the early days so I guess to the average pop fan yes his music can sound depressing.
But in his favour he is probably one of the best guitarists that the North East ever produced certainly Middlesbrough anyways.
He was very ill some years back with pancreatic cancer and you can imagine he went off the boil for a while.
He came back looking craggy and thin but his music was just as good.
This is gonna be the first year that The Riverside will have concerts and I am hoping that we get to see Chris playing there just his music not his football skills. He is still touring but since his stroke in 2016 he as slowed down somewhat.
He recorded "The Road To Hell 2" album whilst going through his awful cancer and he really does struggle somewhat with his vocals on that album. I can't fault the bloke though, a true guitar legend and brilliant performer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-02-2019, 08:38 AM

I agree Floydy, he really has been through it with his health. I think the poor bloke now just looks so awful, which he cannot help. His songs before that were all great.

I remember I used to like Russell Watson in the early days until his tumour operations and his voice seemed to change. I no longer enjoyed it like I did.

Annoyingly after I had a clear up in my lounge in September for decorating, and moving stuff to the lock up unit, I can no longer find my own CR CD. Debating what to do...have another good look indoors, or buy it again.
Richmond
United Kingdom

20-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
You obviously have good taste EZ! - I just really enjoy#
Chris' music - brilliant guitarist. Also enjoy Dire Straits
and Roy Orbison - - play Rob and Chris frequently especially in my car!

Glad you enjoyed.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top