Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 08:04 AM

Re: Roy orbison

Hi I am high has a kite, but I am determined this thread is not gonna die so I am gonna keep posting when I am high or low.

And if you don't like Roy Orbison then you must be silly billy's.

He was one of my big sisters favourites and when I listen to him it seems like she is still here with me and she is dragging me around the living room floor practising her moves on the dance floor.

Here's a complication I came across on Youtube I know you all will like it,well you had better otherwise Santa will not leave you any toys.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 08:21 AM

That was lovely Longfellow, thank you.

I realized how good Roy Orbison was in my youth. He wasn't long haired and sexy, like all the other pop stars I liked, yet I was always ready to listen to him and sing along with him.
These days, Roy's music still touches my heart, where the others are just a nice memory of being young.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Did I dream it or was there Roy Orbison Junior on Breakfast t'other morning? I was getting ready to take my dog out and wasn't really paying attention...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:07 AM

I've been a life long Roy Orbison fan.
In the 80's I belonged to his fan club and I've seen him live three times.

When I went online I joined a few of Roy's fan groups on Face-book but I dropped out. Silly women all rattling on about how Claudette was his one true love & they all seemed to hate Barbara. Goodness knows why!!!

I stuck up for Barbara once & they all came down on me.
I then had a friend request from Roy's niece who agreed with me about Barbara - her name was Ellie Orbison..

I still listen to Roy's music a lot.

I've left instructions for 'It's over' to be played at my funeral.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Did I dream it or was there Roy Orbison Junior on Breakfast t'other morning? I was getting ready to take my dog out and wasn't really paying attention...
Just google it, and yes he was!

Here's an old family photo, Alex (left) Roy Jr (right).

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:18 AM

Lovely photo of Roy & his boys.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:31 AM

I know little about him, but we all know the hits, I'm sure.

Just been reading stuff on the net, and one of rock history's greatest myths ...

Roy Orbison was blind.
The singer's odd, pasty look and huge dark glasses led many to speculate, then and now, that Roy Orbison was blind. His trademark shades never left him, but they were no stranger (or stronger) than Grandma's reading glasses.
Roy did have eyeglasses to correct his vision, but they were quite normal; en route to an Alabama concert, however, he accidentally left them on the plane. The only other pair he had were prescription sunglasses, so he wore those instead. The very next day Roy was scheduled to open up a European Beatles tour, and there was no time to go find his old pair, so the dark shades stayed on him throughout the tour. The resultant frenzy of Beatlemania ensured that the singer would be seen throughout the world in that pair; by the time he returned home, it was a trademark. Proof that Roy wasn't blind can be found in the early television performance footage that shows him wearing no glasses at all.
http://oldies.about.com/od/oldieshis...ldiesmyths.htm
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:54 AM

longfellow
Chatterbox

09-12-2018, 11:59 AM

Perfect for this time of the year.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:15 PM

I love his version of Danny Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7j3...lkMQ2YHI61FtJV

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top