Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Re: Nigel Farage's New Party To Fight Biggest Battle!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The new party called 'The Brexit Party' obtained official recognition by the Electoral Commission today...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-brexit-party/

It can now field candidates in the next election and the EU election if for any reason we are prevented from leaving in March .

OMG - it's enough to make a person vote labour. Please tell me its a bad dream.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Why are YOU,in the Netherlands,posting on here mouthing off about OUR country,OUR majority decision to LEAVE your corruption-riddled EU,with it's tax-fiddling,expenses-histing,bullshitting self-important liars all busily hiding their fortunes in Switzerland...which,btw-has NO 'hard borders',oh how convenient for 'trade',eh? YOU know those mouthy 'leaders' wouldn't have the guts to lead a choir in a chorus,were it not for the 24/7 security around them....and if they're doing such a wonderful job,why do they NEED that security? Eh? Why aren't you Netherlanders prostrating yourselves at their feet,begging them to use you as stepping-stones to immortality,as a show of your total belief and assurance of their god-like honesty? Eh?
Originally Posted by weedeek ->
You should worry Solasch! I’ve got to live with these people.
No. That's Pug. He's one of the good guys!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Suppose that makes me a fifth columnist too! This sort of rhetoric is getting scary now.
Not at all. You're Scottish.

If you Scots want to remain in the EU Empire, so you should.

Of course, you'll have to get your act together first and vote for independence from the UK.

Funny how most Scots don't want to leave, though, isn't it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
OMG - it's enough to make a person vote labour. Please tell me its a bad dream.
A bad dream? Why?

Are you worried that it will herald a new freedom from political suppression for us?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 10:34 PM

What are The Brexit Party going to do after Brexit? Sort out the crap the Tories have left us in or just sit around congratulating themselves.
It's not as if they have time to sort anything out before end of March.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-02-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What are The Brexit Party going to do after Brexit? Sort out the crap the Tories have left us in or just sit around congratulating themselves.
It's not as if they have time to sort anything out before end of March.
No, of course.

However, the way things are going May will not have us out at the end of March, so the problem remains.

If we are out on the prescribed date, all well and good.

If not, we may have to wait until the next GE. Hopefully then, the majority having been effectively ignored and overruled, the time will be ripe for the new Brexit Party to make its appearance.

Even assuming that we are still in the EU, which is of course what May is hoping for, there will still be the opportunity for the Brexit Party to do something about it, even if that requires another referendum.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A bad dream? Why?

Are you worried that it will herald a new freedom from political suppression for us?
Not worried about that at all. I just can't stand Farage and by introducing another political party I fear it will completely mess up our politics (not that they aren't in a mess at the moment anyway). I think it will have the effect of splitting votes and there will be even less than a majority for anything than there is now. I see Farage being on the scene again as another division and that can't be good. IMO, of course.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Not worried about that at all. I just can't stand Farage and by introducing another political party I fear it will completely mess up our politics (not that they aren't in a mess at the moment anyway). I think it will have the effect of splitting votes and there will be even less than a majority for anything than there is now. I see Farage being on the scene again as another division and that can't be good. IMO, of course.
Oh what could possibly go wrong !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-02-2019, 05:38 PM

I can understand your points, but don't you think that the country is split already?

As you say, our politics are a complete mess at the moment: both the Conservative and Labour parties come across as incompetent and quite probably corrupt, certainly in the latter case.

The Leaver faction in each of the two parties tends to find themselves being overruled by the remainers, led by the two leaders, Mayday and Compo.

We really do need a new and independent political party, and the people who are being ignored in Parliament at the moment are the 17.4 million who voted to leave the EU.

Surely, those people deserve a political party which offers them their support, don't they?

I'd like to see the new Brexit Party fully established as soon as possible and, even better, the leaver factions in both the Conservative and Labour parties deciding to join it.

The fair representation of the majority in Parliament is surely a definition of true democracy.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 06:08 PM

JBR,you are forgetting,old bean...

for,t'is only thick,dim,stupid,ignorant exiters,who had the absolutely disgraceful front,to actually turn up at the polling stations and have the working-class temerity to vote! Why,it's UTTERLY beneath the educated,intelligent,supreme,insult-hurling autocracy that is known to we head-bowers as 'remainers' to actually get up from their Chippendale armchairs,have the chauffeur drive them to the polling-station,where they would instruct their 'gentleman's gentleman' to vote in accordance with their status. [after all,one never knows WHO was chewing that pencil last,hmm?] So-that just goes to prove the old adage,that 'ignorance' is bliss!

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top