Join for free
Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:39 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Ignore the EU's insults - we're on the verge of a deal

https://mol.im/a/6676629
How much will this 'deal' cost us? £49 billion?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How much will this 'deal' cost us? £49 billion?
I wouldn't trust the EU to do my shopping never mind a trade deal with 39 billion involved.

Just walk away and trade on WTO terms.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wouldn't trust the EU to do my shopping never mind a trade deal with 39 billion involved.

Just walk away and trade on WTO terms.
I haven't a clue what the 'new deal' might consist of, but I'd hazard a guess that it would effectively keep us in the EU for some considerable time and cost us an arm and a leg.

It's Mrs May's M.O.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I haven't a clue what the 'new deal' might consist of, but I'd hazard a guess that it would effectively keep us in the EU for some considerable time and cost us an arm and a leg.

It's Mrs May's M.O.
Hopefully she has seen the light and realised she can't keep everyone happy with the (as I call it) the "Asylum Bill".

We just walk away and keep the 39 billion.

Then the EU Parliament will be flooded with eurosceptic MEPs in the next elections.

fck em
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 06:28 PM

Off topic but showing just to say .... experts the world over in reality are only a man in a suit taking a guess, but because he has a badge to say he is ‘expert’ just like politicians and like to say WE KNOW BETTER THAN YOU LAD ... yeah right !

Doomsday prediction of dramatic sea level rise was WRONG

https://mol.im/a/6677753

This has been rebuffed by new research which says it will likely add just 6 inches
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Hi,l think the debate in this thread has deteriorated somewhat, this has seemed to happen since A z z altered the format of the Brexit forum by combining the pro and anti forums into one forum, now it has deteriorated further since Tusk made his hell statement yesterday.l think this indicates that the underlying acrimony displayed by EU since the Brexit vote is building up and is being openly displayed now that things are hopefully coming to a head .However,l have grave doubts that our parliament have what it takes to make the required decisions to get a good outcome for UK but will go for a compromise , the main danger we face now is not EU but our own parliament. The anger displayed by Tusk has also unfortunately spilled over onto this forum.Regards,Donkeyman.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hi,l think the debate in this thread has deteriorated somewhat, this has seemed to happen since A z z altered the format of the Brexit forum by combining the pro and anti forums into one forum, now it has deteriorated further since Tusk made his hell statement yesterday.l think this indicates that the underlying acrimony displayed by EU since the Brexit vote is building up and is being openly displayed now that things are hopefully coming to a head .However,l have grave doubts that our parliament have what it takes to make the required decisions to get a good outcome for UK but will go for a compromise , the main danger we face now is not EU but our own parliament. The anger displayed by Tusk has also unfortunately spilled over onto this forum.Regards,Donkeyman.
Hi DM nothing has changed, there are still 3 different subforums Pro and Anti Brexit and General Brexit.
You should be able to see them all here...
https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

People are right to be angry!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
In all honesty I love Europe and the native citizens of each European countries. I will NOT refer to them as Europeans for that term is derogatory and simply designed to instill in the minds of ordinary folk the notion that Nationality doesn't matter which is of course BS. Nationality is important but the EU are trying to abolish the concept and effectively "neuter" everyone to become "nothing people" all living under the umbrella of being "European". They can **** right off !

I love the Spanish, their passion, their cuisine and values.

I love the Italians with their fantastic cuisine, heritage and traditions.

Most people love them all and in particular their diverse cultures and histories and traditions and values.

The EU attempts to neuter this rich tapestry of peoples in order to build their totalitarian empire is shameful and imho should be tossed aside.

Let the Spanish remain Spanish, the Italians remain Italian, the British remain British. Our cultures and traditions make us who we are.

T

This is an interesting post on so many levels.

The British Empire, the biggest the world has seen, spread British culture to all four corners of the globe. So now Australians, (most) Canadians, New Zealanders, Americans, many in the Caribbean and other countries all speak English because of the British Empire.

The EU hasn't snuffed out any cultures. Last time I checked Spain was just as Spanish, Italy just as Italian, France very French in their cultures and traditions.

The countries in the EU had a choice to join, the countries in the British Empire did not, they were taken advantage of in quite an underhand way.

So on the one hand you have the EU which is inclusive and embraces all the different cultures without suppressing any, on the other hand the British Empire that forged a path through the World insisting that British culture was superior to all others, that the British language is best.

Even before the Empire the same view was applied. Did you know that following the Act of Union the Welsh were forbidden to speak Welsh and were forced to speak English? Schoolchildren were beaten for speaking their own language.

So on the one hand you have a democratic European Union that countries have freely joined and on the other the British Empire which basically took whatever wasn't nailed down. (or took it even if it was!)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:55 PM

Hi meg ,not criticising,just observing, l also noticed that anti Brexit posts seem to have ceased in 2017,and pro Brexit posts have failed off since forum format was changed,this is not necessarily a bad thing, l think the anger of us leavers is understandable but regrettable, and the anger of the few remainers appears to be morphing into anti UK sentiment, l think that if this happening within the forum, what is happening across the nation? Remember , the EU commissioners are watching this with delight,and are just waiting for UK to destroy itself so they can clean up later,l would hate to give them the satisfaction.Regards,Donkeyman.

Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top