Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:25 PM

Re: Stockpiling

As a nation we are obese (so we are told) so a bit less food will help in the long run. Not sure about the toilet rolls though. That could be tricky and just a bit messy. If all else fails maybe we can ask for some foreign Aid parcels. I'm sure there are plenty of countries willing to help out an old friend, the UK.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 06:38 PM

I'm sure our beleaguered farmers will be grateful for all poo parcels to be sent to them when they cannot import fertiliser.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm sure our beleaguered farmers will be grateful for all poo parcels to be sent to them when they cannot import fertiliser.
Maybe not

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...no-deal-brexit
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 07:26 PM

You have to bleach food that is grown with human waste, still we'll have all that chlorinated chicken to eat with it
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 09:53 PM

Fertiliser is imported from china, russia, usa, canada. No need to change to biological fertilisation.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As a nation we are obese (so we are told) so a bit less food will help in the long run. Not sure about the toilet rolls though. That could be tricky and just a bit messy. If all else fails maybe we can ask for some foreign Aid parcels. I'm sure there are plenty of countries willing to help out an old friend, the UK.
Doublesided use of paper is propagated to decrease the lumbering of tropical forests.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Doublesided use of paper is propagated to decrease the lumbering of tropical forests.
Re-usable could be the way to go!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 10:27 AM

Just heard on Sky News there will be no broccoli after brexit ...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

That will bother about 5% of the poulation, lol,.

Must admit I love all brassicas, Cauliflower, sprouts, cabages, broccoli etc.

Just for some balance, the UK produces about 60% of it's own food and much else arrives from outwith the EU.

But even if there are shortages its a Great opportunity to reduce waste, portion sizes and get back to home cooking.

This could be so good for our body health and our mental health we might actually stop taking our easy existence for granted.

Always look on the Bright Side Of Life!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Really Worcestershire is full of fields of purple sprouting broccoli, Lincolnshire grows tender stem . Perhaps they are talking about those huge chunks of foul tasting broccoli that comes from Spain, that won't be missed in this house I buy British

Incidentally, a lot of brassica sold in the shops at this time of year comes from Kenya and Egypt. I don't buy it though.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top