Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:33 PM

Re: The Dover Proposal.

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I think I now understand why you voted for Brexit
Oh boy here we go... let’s here why I voted brexit
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Yes many are carrying parts for uk industries and if the uk industries feel the pain or even go bust then it will be no surprise to find many many smaller business’s on mainland Europe going bust too !!!!

You may forget that we are open for business , Europe is open for business ... something we have been doing just great since roman days however the UNELECTED UNACCOUNTABLE EU is the 3rd person in this marriage and are the ones causing all the friction !!!!!
Yes trade has been going on between Britain and the European mainland since the Bronze Age but not always frictionless as evidenced by the old smugglers tunnel under my house

We have had frictionless trade with Europe for many years now but that is going to end.

I unlike you am concerned that British businesses may go under because a whole lot of people voted for something without fully understanding the full ramifications of what they were voting for. You certainly don’t
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I wonder why hardly any EU trucks use Bristol as a point of entry into the UK.?

https://www.bristolferry.com

Have a look here to see the container docks.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:54 PM

Well that’s it then and for crying out loud why oh why didn’t you mention this earlier ? The whole of the country has been divided , the majority voted to leave obviously not realising the implications and there is little old you an expert only just removing your head from your backside today to inform me I’m wrong ...
Well what shall we do now we realise you are the saviour ? Shall we cancel brexit ? Do you have Theresa on speedial ? Or shall we simply carry on and label you as a fool unable to see beyond tomorrow and so selfish your only concern is your short term loss ?
Let’s have a referendum on your thoughts ... oh we’ve already done that !
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

05-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Judd /Bristol

Are the container docks mostly used from Ireland or USA? Liverpool is a huge container base but I think it’s mostly American/Canadian freight whilst the south and east coast uk deals with European
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

I cannot find bristol in the list......
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...orts_in_Europe
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we had started planning two years ago we would not be in this mess and would have had to pay £Billions for a Transition period.

We have been badly let down by Government, and whilst we must Leave, I am concerned for those who will lose money unnecessarily.

One thing is for sure, our politicians won't be losing money.
Why must we leave.

Hypothetically, would you still say the same if leaving would put the UK into a Venezuela type recession?
Banchory
Kent

05-02-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Yes good for international container trade but not the RoRo traffic that comes through Dover that relies on fast shipping times. Bristol is probably not an economical router from Europe but if disruption st the Channel ports is severe it may we’ll become so
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Operation stack.

The name we give to frictionless trade with the EU.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Perhaps you should have read swimfeeders posts. He seems tireless in endavouring to help people understand international trade. Just look up his posts and educate yourself.
Swimfeeders is an Establishment lackey who used to work for the State but left on bad terms.

He likes to embellish the importance of jobsworth civil servants like he used to be and try to convince us we couldnt manage without more interfering from those of his ilk.

Truth is that we need LESS interfering from politicians , jobsworth civil servants and self serving Gravy Train riding Europhiles.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top