Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Insult us all they want, we've taken far worse, but I wish they would get it through their thick skulls, We're leaving.

END OF!
Have you personally taken far worse, or your parents?

Of course you are leaving. But it is a stupid thing to do. I wish you would get that through your thick skull.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ha ha itsme !

EU Stooge campaign posters making no ground here whatsoever. Great to see !
It seems that you and a number of others in this thread have lost touch with reality.

This thread however does give credence to the reported demographic analysis of leavers
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You only think of trade deals not about being dictated to by countries we fought and the lives lost to keep us free.

do you honestly mean to say you want to be ruled by a Herr Von Smith/Jones? well I don't.

Shows what limited thought you actually have as to why many voted to leave
You’d better not look too closely at the royal family’s heritage then
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by john wickford ->
Denmark, Ireland and Britain joined the EEC in 1973

Since then we have seen:
'73 was a good year, Led Zeppelin, beer 10p a pint, grass £5/ounce, not a care in the world.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You’d better not look too closely at the royal family’s heritage then

The royal family doesn't rule us.

Can't blieve you thought they did
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:40 PM

This thread however does give credence to the reported demographic analysis of leavers
Except it doesn't though, does it.

btw, do you not think older voters are entitled to a view on matters of national importance?
Moscow
Scotland

07-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Have you personally taken far worse, or your parents?

Of course you are leaving. But it is a stupid thing to do. I wish you would get that through your thick skull.
Leaving isn't stupid.

The way the Gov't has gone about leaving is stupid.

I realise that is a bit too nuanced for your 'thick skull' but that's where we're at!

Leavers have been poorly served by their representatives and I believe there will be a reckoning.
Banchory
Kent

07-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The royal family doesn't rule us.

Can't blieve you thought they did
Where did I say that the Queen Rules. You merely jumped to the wrong conclusion
My comment was aimed at the posters obvious dislike of Germans else he wouldn’t cite the title “Herr”

The analysis of those who behave in that way is quite amusing

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...ny.williamcook
Banchory
Kent

07-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Except it doesn't though, does it.

btw, do you not think older voters are entitled to a view on matters of national importance?
Unfortunately it does. It seems that if someone stubs their toe on a cracked pavement leavers blame the EU got the state of the Pavements and almost every other thing that has deteriorated since 1973. That suggests that quite a few people really have no understanding of what the EU was and wasn’t responsible.

Age was only one demographic statistic that was a predominant characteristic of leave voters.

As far as voting goes, I think that everyone who Had reached the school leaving age should be entitled to vote. If they are old enough to leave home and pay taxes then they should have a say in our society
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Unfortunately it does. It seems that if someone stubs their toe on a cracked pavement leavers blame the EU got the state of the Pavements and almost every other thing that has deteriorated since 1973. That suggests that quite a few people really have no understanding of what the EU was and wasn’t responsible.

Age was only one demographic statistic that was a predominant characteristic of leave voters.

As far as voting goes, I think that everyone who Had reached the school leaving age should be entitled to vote. If they are old enough to leave home and pay taxes then they should have a say in our society

Give them 15 years and they will want to leave the EU

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top