Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
They were one of the lowest, many were more pessimistic .

The IMF came to the same conclusion

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...681.html%3famp

It what you keep telling us you voted for
Ooh the IMF. The people who told us to join the Euro ?

Check out Christine Ia Guarde and her criminal past ... Why didn't she go to jail ?

Any ideas ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Banchory, if you cannot paraphrase then I can only assume you do not understand...
Sorry I posting from an iPhone and autocorrect is doing strange things
Also didn’t realise you couldn’t understand the news article so linked to

The 8% is the reduction in GDP forecast by the CBI and the IMF for a no deal Brexit scenario
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 10:52 PM

I don’t know what the impact of civil war would be but the general consensus is that a no deal brexit could have that magnitude of impact

8% is the Figure the CBI analysts indicates fo nod deal There are others that are higer. Even TMs deal is forecast somewhere between 3 & 5% reduction

Liam Fox has certainly changed his tune. He’s obviously seen and believed the facts
Quite the contrary Banchory, I believe civil war is more likely should we not successfully exit the EU.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:14 PM

Sorry I posting from an iPhone and autocorrect is doing strange things
Also didn’t realise you couldn’t understand the news article so linked to

The 8% is the reduction in GDP forecast by the CBI and the IMF for a no deal Brexit scenario
It's not that I could not understand but I didn't want to trawl through to try to understand what you were referring to! Just wanted to know what the two words you mentioned meant.

Thanks for confirming the 8%. It's complex to try to predict something of this gravity. But I'm hoping that as swim says the government has put in some contingency planning for a no deal which will mitigate such a dire forecast.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Quite the contrary Banchory, I believe civil war is more likely should we not successfully exit the EU.....
"I believe" makes me think of an Elvis song. Civil war requires arms on both sides. That's not going to happen. It's a prediction as dramatic as the King being back in Vegas in April
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:23 PM

"I believe" makes me think of an Elvis song. Civil war requires arms on both sides. That's not going to happen. It's a prediction as dramatic as the King being back in Vegas in April

But to get to -8% we need a civil war.

Just shows how ridiculous the CBI and the IMF are.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:34 PM

Additionally, The Value of the Drachma used to swing massively between the holiday season an the winter there was a huge black economy profiting from this but paying no tax
And so what?

It worked for them.......!

The 'black economy' was basically ordinary Greek folk making ends meet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-02-2019, 11:36 PM

They still work on barter in many rural areas.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-02-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
But to get to -8% we need a civil war.

Just shows how ridiculous the CBI and the IMF are.
Even if our economy hits rock bottom we won't have a civil war. There may be civil unrest but that's nothing new.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-02-2019, 12:22 AM

Even if our economy hits rock bottom we won't have a civil war. There may be civil unrest but that's nothing new.

Ofcourse there won't be a civil war it's ridiculous to think there will be. The same as that 8% reduction in GDP.

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top