Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Brexit and the BBC

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Who gives a sh1t about Dutch media ?

You only posted that because you had to google it up.
Lost for words, aren't you? At least it shows the bbc was no less fooled by this "news" as other magazines.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Lost for words, aren't you? At least it shows the bbc was no less fooled by this "news" as other magazines.
I'm not lost for words at all.

I just think its odd that you think anyone other than the Dutch would want to read Dutch newspapers.....

Funny isn't it ... out of all the posts on here about Brexit (good or bad) it was only me who mentioned this (Toyota Corolla) today when it was announced nearly a month ago.

Were you keeping it a secret then ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:02 PM

What's it got to do with the Dutch anyway, or any other European member come to think of it?
It's only the UK that this whole nonsense involves isn't it? Everyone else can merely sit back and watch with either bated breath or amusement.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:08 PM

Brexit is the business of us and anyone who trades with us.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:31 PM

strange isn't it.

There will be no veg after brexit

There will be no lettuce after brexit

There will be no medicine after brexit.

Better get stockpiling so we are told by Project Fear.

But .... we will still be able to buy German cars for some strange good fortune .... You would think that the UK would be stockpiling German cars to avoid the tariffs in the case of a "no deal" and people in the UK would be changing cars now (instead of after Brexit) to save some money. Instead German car manufacturing is going into recession and the only people stockpiling them are the German car manufacturers because nobody wants to buy them at all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:50 PM

The car manufacturing industry's woes are not necessarily down to Brexit worries. There is a big clampdown on diesel so that's going to hit the gas guzzling manufacturers. The Toyota investment is in hybrid vehicles. That's a growing market. I'm not sure whether Jaguar Land Rover are big on electric cars.

Just as an aside I think electric vehicles are dangerous. You cannot hear them coming. I wonder if pedestrian fatalities will increase as their distribution rises.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Hi fairenuff.l cannot add anything more to your post, you have just said in one post what l have been trying for the last 4 weeks to express on this forum, well said.However we are in great danger right now, not from EU, but from our so called parliament, who are at present engaged in using their interpretation of democracy to overturn our will ,how can we avert this from happening? I see no solution,everything is being distorted by proceedures and amendments etc.And the remain hysteria is mounting as the due date gets nearer,even Mark Carney is joining the fray again,and the Shite stirrers in the BBC are waxing lyrical. If we ever manage to leave it will be a miracle. Regards, Donkeyman.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The car manufacturing industry's woes are not necessarily down to Brexit worries. There is a big clampdown on diesel so that's going to hit the gas guzzling manufacturers. The Toyota investment is in hybrid vehicles. That's a growing market. I'm not sure whether Jaguar Land Rover are big on electric cars.

Just as an aside I think electric vehicles are dangerous. You cannot hear them coming. I wonder if pedestrian fatalities will increase as their distribution rises.
I know what you mean about electric cars being quiet and you can't hear them coming. When I was in Basel I lost count of the times I was nearly hit by a tram because, like electric cars, they are really quiet.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm not lost for words at all.

I just think its odd that you think anyone other than the Dutch would want to read Dutch newspapers.....

Funny isn't it ... out of all the posts on here about Brexit (good or bad) it was only me who mentioned this (Toyota Corolla) today when it was announced nearly a month ago.

Were you keeping it a secret then ?
Being in the dutch papers is not surprising. Being toyota's ceo, and dutch, he announced it in dutch papers, in 2017.
Strange that it took english papers almost 2 years to pick up on it. Were british media keeping it secret?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Just as with electric motorbikes, sound will be "added" for the avoidance of pedestrian fatalities. It would also help if pedestrians didn't wear headphones.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top