Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:04 PM

Re: Brexit and the BBC

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just as with electric motorbikes, sound will be "added" for the avoidance of pedestrian fatalities. It would also help if pedestrians didn't wear headphones.
I wish they would add sound to cycles as well.

Oh! Silly me! They used to, didn't they? Bells on bikes! You know, the things that most cyclists seem to refuse to use!

(I am not anti-cyclist, far from it, It's just that bright lights at night and an audible warning of them coming up behind you would be much appreciated).
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What's it got to do with the Dutch anyway, or any other European member come to think of it?
It's only the UK that this whole nonsense involves isn't it? Everyone else can merely sit back and watch with either bated breath or amusement.
Van Zyl, toyotas ceo is dutch. The investment is under the condition britain leaves the EU with a deal. Otherwise you can forget those 250 mln.
The english papers didn't report that of those 250 mln, 21,3 mln is for the british government.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:18 PM

Being in the dutch papers is not surprising. Being toyota's ceo, and dutch, he announced it in dutch papers, in 2017.
Strange that it took english papers almost 2 years to pick up on it. Were british media keeping it secret?
No its more likely that you hadn't any idea.

Now that sounds better.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No its more likely that you hadn't any idea.

Now that sounds better.
I had quite forgotten about it. It two years old news.
In post 23 YOU announced it as as eciting news. You had no clue, hadn't you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:55 PM

I had quite forgotten about it. It two years old news.
In post 23 YOU announced it as as eciting news. You had no clue, hadn't you?

My point was nobody had heard about it because the media only report negative news about brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-02-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
My point was nobody had heard about it because the media only report negative news about brexit.
If that were true, they would have reported it. Chances are that those 250 mln will be lost as they are subject to the UK leaving with a withdrawal deal.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-02-2019, 06:17 PM

If that were true, they would have reported it. Chances are that those 250 mln will be lost as they are subject to the UK leaving with a withdrawal deal.
Chances are, your wrong.

Again
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Please explain why this "news" was in dutch media in 2017?
https://www.supplychainmagazine.nl/t...gelse-fabriek/

I've used Google translate to translate you article into English and pasted the English text below.

Where does it say

1. it is the electric Corolla that is being built in the UK?

2. It is dependent on the UK having a del with the EU ?

It appears this is the 2017 investments into the Toyota plant and nothing to do with Brexit, the 2019 announcement of the Toyota Corolla or anything else you claim. It also says that the Toyota plant make cars for "the rest of the world" not just the EU as you seem to believe.

Have a read.....

TRANSLATION

Toyota is going to invest hundreds of millions in the factory in the British Burnaston. The money will be put into new equipment, technologies and systems. This is reported by the FD of 17 March 2017.
In total, the Japanese car manufacturer invests an amount of more than 240 million pounds in the factory. This should enable it to produce cars according to Toyota's new global production system. The capital injection must also lead to an improved competitive position of Toyota and a higher efficiency of the English production branch. In addition, part of the investment, up to 21.3 million pounds, will benefit the British government. The manufacturer will use this for more training, research and environmental measures.
Toyota has been manufacturing cars in the United Kingdom since 1992. The Auris and Avensis models are manufactured at the Burnaston plant. Last year, 180,000 cars rolled off the belt. Most of it was shipped to the rest of the world. The group employs a total of more than 3,000 employees in the United Kingdom. 'Our investment shows that we as a company are doing everything we can to increase the competitiveness of the factory in Burnaston', says Johan van Zyl, chairman and CEO of Toyota Europe, in the FD.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:20 AM

Good news that you might have missed.

No matter what the outcome of Brexit you will still be able to drown your sorrows in Australian wine. All is well with the world.

Winemakers Federation of Australia (WFA) welcomes the signing of a new agreement on trade in wine between Australia and the United Kingdom (UK), signed in London this week.

The Australia-United Kingdom (UK) Wine Agreement mirrors provisions held for many years within an existing agreement between Australia and the European Community on Trade in Wine, providing greater certainty of market access for Australian wine exporters and allowing for a smoother transition when the UK formally separates from the European Union (EU) on March 29, 2019.

“WFA has been working with the Australian government to ensure this agreement came to fruition, and we congratulate Agriculture Minister David Littleproud and Trade, Tourism and Investment Minister Simon Birmingham for getting the deal across the line” said WFA chief executive Tony Battaglene.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:32 AM

Nowt wrong with Aussie wines, I've drunk my share of them in my time. I don't drink French plonk on principle.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top