Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Re: Repairs to house sold on after tenants moved out

Sounds like an awful lot of hard work ahead for your sister, Jazzi. I hope it comes right for her in the end and she is able to take some pleasure in her new home.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 05:54 AM

Jazzi, I am sorry to hear this. i know that it must be a let down for her after all this time waiting. Would it be possible to get everyone together for the weekend and just dive in and get it done? The missing fixture is a reasonable request, but is it worth the hassle?

After my brother learned the hard way, I always put a clause in any sales agreement (either buying or selling) that he house is to be cleaned professionally at the seller's expense.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Surfer mum, I dont think this can be done in the UK . The old house I moved into had an old chap living there , the daughter came on moving day and just cleared the house and left, there was years of dirt and grease , I was shocked when I walked in , she could have paid professional cleaners for a few hours , all we got was a note to say she had been too busy to clean !

However I will remember what you said about leaving the house clean
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 02:18 PM

The problem she faces as far as help is concerned, is that probably not everyone will be available now, after the move. Her 4 children live miles from each other, and as stated, she is a 3 hour drive from where I live. Her youngest daughter is facing her own move imminently (I thought it would have been by now but probs delayed).

If I didn't have a dog taking up half the back seat I'd pack my VAX carpet shampooer, the good one that has you on your hands and knees scrubbing with the attachment.

Wish I had a bigger car like the one sis has now bought (the Qashqai). My Micra isn't all that spacious and I have to tuck things in where I can.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Surfer mum, I dont think this can be done in the UK . The old house I moved into had an old chap living there , the daughter came on moving day and just cleared the house and left, there was years of dirt and grease , I was shocked when I walked in , she could have paid professional cleaners for a few hours , all we got was a note to say she had been too busy to clean !

However I will remember what you said about leaving the house clean
Yes if only sellers thought like you and paid for a professional clean! It seems like good manners to me. Sis's seller had several months in which to inspect the property and do something.

When we sold our childhood home my Mum was going around with the hoover once it had been emptied. I can still see her in my mind.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 02:58 PM

My daughter rented a 3 bed house she was there a year prior to buying . On leaving day three of us scrubbed and cleaned and polished , we left it in very good condition as one should for the next tennent. Daughter received a lovely letter from the owner .

When I eventually left the old house I mentioned previously, it was clean and fresh for the next owner . I just do not understand how a person can walk away leaving years of dirt for someone else
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 04:00 PM

So sorry to hear this Jazzi.

I think some of the people on this thread are being quite nasty towards you and your Sister.

We do have a few things to do when we move in, but they are only small minor things.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-05-2019, 06:18 PM

Thanks Susan and Susie, for being at least kind and understanding.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
So sorry to hear this Jazzi.

I think some of the people on this thread are being quite nasty towards you and your Sister.

We do have a few things to do when we move in, but they are only small minor things.
Not nasty, lack of person information regarding health etc was not mentioned or circumstances.
There was no mention of lack of help in the original post either. No one wants to be "nasty" as you put it, just poor communication maybe
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 06:45 PM

When we moved a few years ago, we had to sign a document to say that we would remove all rubbish from the house and anything from drawers and cupboards etc, which we did. It also applied to the house we moved into although they didn't quite manage it because we moved mid-way between rubbish collections.

We also had to fill out a form stating exactly what was staying and what we were taking. Seeing as your sister's house had tenants, then I'm guessing that the owner (whoever it is) should be responsible.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top