Join for free
Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:02 AM

Re: Kenneth Noye

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There is a very strong argument that capital punishment is an easy-out whereas being banged up for years is not.
An easy way out for who? If you went round the prison and got an honest answer from all murderers, when asked if they would prefer the death penalty or years in prison..... very few would choose to die!
Anyway, the sentence for their crime isn't about what they want, it is about making sure that we don't have to punish them again...... the death penalty is the only 100% guarantee of that!

Anybody who thinks it is alright to take another persons life should understand that the law can do the same to them....but we are too soft on criminals now & that is why decent people are expected to incur costs to protect themselves and their property!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
An easy way out for who? If you went round the prison and got an honest answer from all murderers, when asked if they would prefer the death penalty or years in prison..... very few would choose to die!
Anyway, the sentence for their crime isn't about what they want, it is about making sure that we don't have to punish them again...... the death penalty is the only 100% guarantee of that!

Anybody who thinks it is alright to take another persons life should understand that the law can do the same to them....but we are too soft on criminals now & that is why decent people are expected to incur costs to protect themselves and their property!
I agree in the case of if a murder was premeditated and proved beyond doubt that they committed that murder then it should be a life for a life.

I'm loathe to paying my taxes to keep monsters in prison.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree in the case of if a murder was premeditated and proved beyond doubt that they committed that murder then it should be a life for a life.

I'm loathe to paying my taxes to keep monsters in prison.
Especially when those taxes could be used to help the people who haven't committed crimes!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:34 PM

Thing is isn’t the death penalty a cold blooded premeditated killing ?
I’m not a do- gooder and I don’t have answers as to how to treat murderers but would never vote for the death penalty to be brought back.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

07-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thing is isn’t the death penalty a cold blooded premeditated killing ?
I’m not a do- gooder and I don’t have answers as to how to treat murderers but would never vote for the death penalty to be brought back.
I am afraid I would, how else can we get rid of societies dregs?

They never seem bothered about the lives that they have taken!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am afraid I would, how else can we get rid of societies dregs?

They never seem bothered about the lives that they have taken!
You can’t murder people simply because you think they’re societies dregs!
Why do you think the death penalty was abolished Twink ?
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:19 PM

Strange how that doesn't apply to the Gadaffis and Husseins of this world...we happily allow the slaughter of these despots if it suits us politically...but not to the murderers and rapists of children.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

07-06-2019, 01:34 PM

It was abolished because they believed that they had made a few mistakes in finding people guilty. Now we have much better methods of proving who has killed.

Anybody, who doesn't think that murderers are the dregs of society, needs to recognize that the majority of us don't go round taking other's lives, but the number that do is on the increase owing to lack of severe enough punishment!

If we worked out the cost of keeping all our murderers in prison, at a minimum cost of £47,000 per year, I wonder how many innocent lives could be saved if went to the NHS instead.
I know I would prefer to save the life of some innocent child than provide accommodation for a violent murderer.
Zuleika
North West UK

07-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the reply Twink but you’ve added nothing new to what’s been said over the years .
There will always be those as there were many years ago who murdered despite knowing the death penalty was in force .
Do you think any murderer stops mid act to think about the consequences?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:47 PM

Hi

A personal view.

I stared life as Health Inspector.

I moved across to the dark side, more robust forms of Enforcement during the Cold War.

It paid more.

Then it was Terrorism and then, as things changed, Immigration and eventually back to my roots.

My personal experience is this.

You will not find a single Enforcement Officer working on the pointy end of dealing with those who seek to harm us who has any qualms whatsoever about killing the bad guys to prevent imminent harm to others.

That is what you pay them for.

You will find many who are not happy about killing captives when they are in custody and no further threat.

That is an issue for society and not one for Enforcement Officers.

The two things have to be separate.

That is why I, along with others, are very unhappy about about Jury Service.

Judge, Jury and Executioner is so, so, wrong, that is what we are fighting about.

That is also why we have increasing numbers of female Enforcement Officers.

Many men, like me, are sexist, we have an inbuilt aversion to killing ladies.

You do not hurt a lady, it is wrong.

I have hesitated at times, so have others.

Female Enforcement Officers have no such issues.

They are scary people.

There is a division of responsibility, they leave the machete wielding bearded idiots to the men, we are stronger and have no issues at all.

They deal with the hard nut females, the suicide bombers carrying an infant.

Something which is basically a problem for a dad.

I,and others,could not execute Kenneth Noye when he is in captivity.

A heartfelt plea.

We have Theresa May going all out for the prosecution of those who were following orders.

You have Corbyn, Abbott and Lammy wanting to let known ISIS back into the UK.

This constant criticism will lead to one thing.

You will have nobody to protect you, it will simply not be worth the bother.

Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top