Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 07:21 AM

Re: Solar Energy

The lights that dangled down,were ok outside,on the instructions,but you couldn't leave them out all night.

Anyway I ended up buying two little bottles with rice lights inside,

Guess what,my son saw them,said how nice they were and how nice they would look in his porch,(even though they were decoration for outside purpose). so me being me,I gave them to him.

So I am still on the look out.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do we really get enough sun?? Certainly haven't had much this year so far.

Did you say sun,

I had to put my fire on yesterday,as I was so chilly.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 08:11 AM

I've got some globe ones from BM they were on special offer £2.99, they are very good. You have to replace batteries after a while and watch out for rain getting inside.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've got some globe ones from BM they were on special offer £2.99, they are very good. You have to replace batteries after a while and watch out for rain getting inside.
Who is BM,Tess?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 03:25 AM

I think part of the problem with these lights is that they tend to use Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) cells because the charging circuit can be just a simple diode. Apart from the corrosion problem I mentioned earlier they do tend to get 'cooked' by the charging circuit on very sunny days so they rarely last long.

Lithium cells would be far better BUT they need a much more complex charging circuit because they will not tolerate a 'float' charge at all and will turn your garden lights into fireworks for a brief but spectacular moment.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2019, 07:24 PM

I was browsing in my local pound stretcher today,..down the garden lighting aisle,..

I found 2 rather largish light bulbs,they were blue in colour,with a few rice lights inside,...also battery operated,for outdoor use,....just needed AA batteries,one in each.....they also turn themselves off after 4 hours automatically.

I attached them to a few branches of my tree,...I bet they will look pretty tonight.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top