Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:25 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Why people disclose this kind of information to others beggars belief .
I would happily report her.

Grass
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:30 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

Why people disclose this kind of information to others beggars belief .
I would happily report her.
Why...?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
TessA. As I said earlier. It’s not what you watch. The licence is for the receiving equipment. It seems not a lot know this.
My receiving equipment belongs to Sky, so why am I paying the BBC for it?

Confused of Cheese Town
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why...?
Because that person has got away with ,according to LionQueen , not ever complying with the law that you must have a licence and that is simply not right when thousands of people do abide by the law.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My receiving equipment belongs to Sky, so why am I paying the BBC for it?

Confused of Cheese Town

If it's pre Sky Q it belongs to you. If it's Sky Q you might want to take that up with Sky. Good Luck.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:51 AM

Because that person has got away with ,according to LionQueen , not ever complying with the law that you must have a licence and that is simply not right when thousands of people do abide by the law.
But why should you be the one to report them? I could not do this to anyone. We don't know the full circumstances.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Grass
Mow the grass.

Yiddish informer?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Oh FFS.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 07:55 AM

I,m willing to bet that if the BBC had said they were going to increase the license fee for all those earning over £40,000 a year the government would have stepped in and said "Oh no you,re not"
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 08:05 AM

I realise many pensioners rely on the radio and TV to keep them in touch with the outside world.
However I strongly believe that if you can afford pay you should pay .
Many pensioners are extremely comfortable financially yet receive this benefit, whilst often young families struggle to keep a roof their heads receive no such benefit.
As far as I am aware no other age group is entitled to a free tv license .

I feel the same about the winter fuel allowance but that’s another can of worms.

Retires gracefully to wait for the fallout

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top