Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:17 AM

Re: Why Does My Internet Go Off At 21.45, Every Night?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, Thank You for the link.
It doesn’t state anything as to why the internet goes off at the same time every evening. I googled it recently and it does happen to other people.
Indeed, TalkTalk have failed to provide a reason for the disconnections that affect their customers - they seem, as you say, just to offer a "script" solution .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, keezoy. I will ring TalkTalk first and see what they say. It might be the router that needs replacing, it gets really hot!
I've just checked my router - it's warm but not hot, so definitely mention the temperature .....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1750983]Thank You, keezoy. I will ring TalkTalk first and see what they say. It might be the router that needs replacing, it gets really hot![/Q

Hmm yeah it's normal for the modem/ router to get a bit warm but not really hot. Best you should turn it off and get it looked at I reckon. Just to be safe. If it's really hot it could get dangerous.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:06 AM

It goes off Arty because the man with the little wind up thingy at talk talk goes for his supper at the same time every night.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Not being on the spot, it is difficult to say what the problem might be and I think the best course of action is to phone TalkTalk about it. You pay for a reliable broadband connection and help when there is any problem with it.

Before doing that, you could just run a test on your connection by going to the TalkTalk status page linked to below. Then you can talk to them about the results you are getting.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:07 AM

I'm with BT and I had a similar problem which turned out to be the router.

Just had another problem with very slow speeds and not being able to connect to the router on my Win 10 laptop or my ipad (but, strangely, Win 7 laptop was fine) and that also seemed to be a router problem.

My friend is with Talk Talk, she's had drop out problems, intermittent connection etc and they said it was her router.

However......my friend is a total technophobe, has no idea about internet and they managed to flog her fibre, which she really doesn't need, obviously at an increased cost.

So watch them, they're crafty.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:32 AM

A friend of min had a similar problem and one that proved very difficult for BT to resolve. However, one day when his internet cut out he was at his study desk looking out of the window. As it cut out the street lamp outside his house came on. The next night exactly the same. BT checked it out and that proved to be the problem, a small 'box of tricks' where the overhead telephone cable came into the house solved the problem.

Apparently that type of magnetic field (I think that's what it was) is not uncommon. Although the time element is not usually present when it's down to something like a microwave oven or any of the other devices within homes these days. BT engineers usually check things out with one of their meters. I had similar problems at one time but it was the overhead telephone line where it had been worn through by tree branches rubbing on it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:12 AM

I have just rung TalkTalk. He needed to test the line, so he rang me on my mobile phone.
He told me to go and make a cup of tea whilst he ran a test on my BT phone line. He said, it would take about 6 minutes

After this time he came back on and said, they needed to run a diagnostic test but this would take up to 3 hours and could l ring back at around 1pm.

He said, there was a problem with my internet but they needed more time to run the test. Also, my TalkTalk router was 4 years old and not a very good one.

Mmmn, l hope, it will be sorted soon. The last time this happened, l didn’t have the internet for over 3 weeks.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It goes off Arty because the man with the little wind up thingy at talk talk goes for his supper at the same time every night.....
Foxy, You might be right there!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-07-2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Not being on the spot, it is difficult to say what the problem might be and I think the best course of action is to phone TalkTalk about it. You pay for a reliable broadband connection and help when there is any problem with it.

Before doing that, you could just run a test on your connection by going to the TalkTalk status page linked to below. Then you can talk to them about the results you are getting.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/
Thank You, mart.
I did action the link you provided but it stated, it wasn’t able to carry out the test at that time, or words to that affect.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top