Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:40 PM

Re: Breakup of the UK

No no. We don't want to punish only the poor by putting up prices. We want to attack middle england by squeezing their entire food supply in a co-ordinated effort with our EU friends and partners. This is not about economics anymore.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
No no. We don't want to punish only the poor by putting up prices. We want to attack middle england by squeezing their entire food supply in a co-ordinated effort with our EU friends and partners. This is not about economics anymore.
So you are advocating a trade war with our biggest market. I wonder how that would pan out? I wouldn't depend on much help from our near neighbours in Europe. They will still be selling their produce to us after brexit.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:05 PM

I'd rather watch the Indy 500. Much more exciting.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:15 PM

As someone who lives and works in Scotland I can reliably inform you that Sturgeon is not as highly regarded outside of the central belt as you may think.

The NHS is in a mess.
Policing is in a mess
Education is in a mess

Anti-Tory sentiment is still very strong in some parts of Scotland , but not everywhere and criticism of Westminster does not always translate in to support for Independence.

There are plenty of Brexit supporters here and plenty who want this whole mess to be finished.........and if that means No Deal, so be it.

There are many people who dislike the way the EU have meddled in our internal politics and dislike their attitude in general, so............

Although committed Indy supporters have hardened their stance and even though there is an increase in support for Independence, it really isn't as much as it should be so.....

We should wait until the Brexit issue is settled and let the dust settle and NOT create another layer of uncertainty and strife............

Of course, this will allow the SNP to actually try to run Scotland properly because they are doing a shite job the now!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
We should wait until the Brexit issue is settled and let the dust settle and NOT create another layer of uncertainty and strife............

Of course, this will allow the SNP to actually try to run Scotland properly because they are doing a shite job the now!!
Isn't that what sturgeon is proposing. First let the UK feel how it is, out in the cold? Then make a well thought through decision to the benefit of scots/land.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:50 PM

I would be sorry to see Scotland leave the Union but if that is the choice of the majority so be it .

I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of some Scottish MPs like the loud-mouthed Ian Blackford , he seems to get more of his fair share of 'catching the speakers eye ' allowing him to rant on with the same old rubbish,
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Scotland lost 13 seats to the Conservatives at the last election and 38% voted to leave the EU.

I would seriously question Scotland wanting to leave the UK and join the EU - especially when Scotland voted to remain in the UK in the last referendum.

How will Scotland fund itself and what will its currency be ? These are the questions that Sturgeon needs to answer.
I believe that Junker (or one of them announced not so long ago that any country joining the EU will in future have to adopt the Euro. Scotland , I assume will leave the EU with UK and then have to apply to re-join as an independent country, therefore they will have the Euro. It was once thought they would keep the Pound, propped up by the Bank of England.. don't think so !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would be sorry to see Scotland leave the Union but if that is the choice of the majority so be it .

I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of some Scottish MPs like the loud-mouthed Ian Blackford , he seems to get more of his fair share of 'catching the speakers eye ' allowing him to rant on with the same old rubbish,

I used to call him the MP for RBS Cashpoints ... he never said anything else in the HoC
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I believe that Junker (or one of them announced not so long ago that any country joining the EU will in future have to adopt the Euro. Scotland , I assume will leave the EU with UK and then have to apply to re-join as an independent country, therefore they will have the Euro. It was once thought they would keep the Pound, propped up by the Bank of England.. don't think so !

Yep just more silliness from ginger dwarf from the north
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:38 PM

AS a distant observer, to me, Scotland has always had a very strong individual identity quite different from England and other places in the UK. Australians for one seem to see it as a separate country with it's own character and culture. If Scotland did go it alone it would be a small country yes but no smaller or less significant than countries with a similar population (around 5.5 million) - Denmark, Norway, Finland, New Zealand to name a few. Countries that hold their own very well in the World. THey would need to have their own armed forces and currency. No reason why this couldn't be sorted out is there? BTW that is a proper question. Happy to be educated by those much closer to the action. And I have to say if they are seen as "silly ginger dwarves" (See above) by the English I think they should go it alone. Wales and Northern Ireland? Dunno. Wales is that much smaller again. Can't say how they would fare alone. NI?..join the rest of Ireland and neaten up the map. Yeah right as if!..

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top