Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Re: Breakup of the UK

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Exactly Gascony! Brexit ,being forced on a Scotland that is sympathetic to the North European model , fundamentally changes everything. As for the opposition to another referendum, the UK voted by 67% to 33% in 1975 to remain in the EU in 1975, so why did we have another vote?
The idea of re-building Hadrians Wall has been raised on here, maybe that is the answer for some in Northern England as it would “free” much of Cumbria and Northumbria.
Does your GDP qualify you for EU ascension ? I don't even think Germany or Italy would qualify now let alone Scotland.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

20-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Does your GDP qualify you for EU ascension ? I don't even think Germany or Italy would qualify now let alone Scotland.
I think you want to fact check some of the Brexit HQ briefing papers that you've been issued with. You keep citing mis-information. Did you not learn from 2016 that Brexit HQ is prone to lying and fictions? Double check, old fruit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
I think you want to fact check some of the Brexit HQ briefing papers that you've been issued with. You keep citing mis-information. Did you not learn from 2016 that Brexit HQ is prone to lying and fictions? Double check, old fruit.
Brexit HQ ?

Nope ... not with you.

If you are right then please tell me the entry criteria for EU ascension and how Scotland would qualify for it ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:30 AM

I'd rather Scotland remains in the Union, and I believe the majority of Scots want the same.
It's only the vociferous SNP and its followers who keep on bleating about independence.

Still, if the majority of Scots really want to leave the UK and then try to join the EU (if it is still functioning), that's their choice. It's called democracy.

It would certainly save the rest of the UK some money.

The same applies to NI. If the majority want to leave the UK, so they should.
A united Ireland would keep certain factions in the US happy, and we'd enjoy a productive trading alliance with them without the constant bleating of those with an Irish background.

Wales? I don't know. Do the majority of the Welsh want to leave the UK and go it alone? I don't think so. We don't hear much from the Welsh nationalists and, as far as I know, Plaid Cymru has only one MP.

Yes, I think that all-in-all England alone would not only survive, but flourish. We would also have the opportunity to pull together for the common benefit, although there is still a great deal of disunity in the country as witnessed by the political scene. Right is Right and Left is Left, and never the twain shall meet, to misquote a well-known saying.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top