Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 11:51 PM

Power button will not switch on my Computer.

Sometimes my power button will not switch my Computer.
I have to switch off the Electric wall socket and switch it back on then the Computer comes back on.

Is there a fault in my wall switch?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:22 AM

Re: Power button will not switch on my Computer.

Can't see there being a fault with your wall switch if it turns your PC on, more like a problem with your PC's power switch.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:26 AM

What Judd said, plus do you power your PC off correctly - close all apps, select "Shut Down" from Start menu?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
What Judd said, plus do you power your PC off correctly - close all apps, select "Shut Down" from Start menu?
Agree. But Often you have to hold the button for a bit before it reacts. All computers I have ever had are like this. (I have a Dell now) My printer is the same. One quick dab on the button won't do.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Agree. But Often you have to hold the button for a bit before it reacts. All computers I have ever had are like this. (I have a Dell now) My printer is the same. One quick dab on the button won't do.
Very true .....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Thank you Judd, Keezoy, and Omah.

My computer is a four year old Apple Mac, serviced.
I always shut down and clear all every night

In the same room, upstairs bedroom, two or three times a day, my handset will not switch on my Sony Bravia TV, unless I switch off and on the wall socket, batteries are replaced regularly.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Thank you Judd, Keezoy, and Omah.

My computer is a four year old Apple Mac, serviced.
I always shut down and clear all every night

In the same room, upstairs bedroom, two or three times a day, my handset will not switch on my Sony Bravia TV, unless I switch off and on the wall socket, batteries are replaced regularly.
If you have a long extension lead you could try plugging it into a socket in another room/location and then plug your TV/PC into the extension and see if that sorts out the problem. If it does, it could be a faulty switch on your socket.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

22-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If you have a long extension lead you could try plugging it into a socket in another room/location and then plug your TV/PC into the extension and see if that sorts out the problem. If it does, it could be a faulty switch on your socket.
Thank you Judd.

Your advise has solved the problem.

The Wall sockets are 40 years old and most still going strong.
Electric engineer is on the way to install a new one and check the others.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top