Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:25 AM

American Bulldog killed

More astonishing cruelty.

A couple from Birkenhead with an American Bull dog - which had not long given birth to12 puppies - killed her.

Apparently she bit the bloke (I wonder why??), so he attacked her with his weight training bar.
Then his partner decided it would be good to feed the dog sausages laced with Anti-freeze to finish her off.

This dog lay whimpering and dying in their garden for three days, but was just left there to die slowly.
Eventually the man decided to finish her off and stabbed her in the throat.

Their sentence? 10 piddly weeks in jail, which will no doubt end up half that.
The puppies were all rehomed by authorities.

It breaks my heart what this dog must have gone through.
I can only hope these two get a taste of their own medicine while in prison.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Re: American Bulldog killed

Originally Posted by Mups ->
More astonishing cruelty.

A couple from Birkenhead with an American Bull dog - which had not long given birth to12 puppies - killed her.

Apparently she bit the bloke (I wonder why??), so he attacked her with his weight training bar.
Then his partner decided it would be good to feed the dog sausages laced with Anti-freeze to finish her off.

This dog lay whimpering and dying in their garden for three days, but was just left there to die slowly.
Eventually the man decided to finish her off and stabbed her in the throat.

Their sentence? 10 piddly weeks in jail, which will no doubt end up half that.
The puppies were all rehomed by authorities.

It breaks my heart what this dog must have gone through.
I can only hope these two get a taste of their own medicine while in prison.
They should have had the ghastly thing humanly put down.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Oh Lord, that's horrible. Of course the mother would protect her babies if the man (who she may not have liked anyway) was messing with them. My Maggie growled at a few people who got too close to her puppies when they were very young, I was really the only one she was relaxed with handling them. Once they were up about 5/6 weeks she was fine.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Oh Lord, that's horrible. Of course the mother would protect her babies if the man (who she may not have liked anyway) was messing with them. My Maggie growled at a few people who got too close to her puppies when they were very young, I was really the only one she was relaxed with handling them. Once they were up about 5/6 weeks she was fine.
Any dog which bites a human should be put down by a vet. Those American bulldogs should not be permitted here in the UK as they are known to be dangerous, they should all be put down, like pitbulls, imo.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:18 PM

That's how I feel about Tarantulas. Hideous things.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
And ghastly of course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:21 PM

I don't know who is worse, the owners for killing the dog or the judge that gave them a ridiculous sentence.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Was there no longer sentence the judge could give ? this seems incredibly light. Poor dog was only defending her pups by sound of it. What happened to the pups they don't sound like people will hand feed for weeks ?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
They should have had the ghastly thing humanly put down.
They shouldn't have been allowed have a dog. Unfortunately, not all prospective owners are vetted for their suitability as owners.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top