Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Re: Pet Bereavement

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It takes a long time Keezoy.
Yes it does. Thanks mate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Having had to go into work straight from the vets one time I think a day off might have been better. I cried and sobbed my way round my cleaning job couldn't string a sentence together to tell anyone what had happened and generally did a really bad clean that evening. I can't see why people even with multiple pets can't have a day off if they have it unpaid or it's taken from their holiday entitlement. Many people take sick days when they are perfectly well, and very little is said so when someone is distraught I think they should be shown a bit of sympathy and allowed a day off.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:24 AM

I just cannot conceive how anyone can have the same feelings for an animal as a human. People certainly should not be given paid time off work to 'grieve' for a mere animal of another species, imo.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:13 PM

Well I can never understand anyone who can't see animals as just as important as humans we are just animals ourselves after all. In many ways a dog or cat can be closer to us than other humans, they are like children never grow up. Often think my labrador is much like a two year old child in what she needs from us, my chihuahua is slightly more grown up but still couldn't open a tin to save her life. They are completely dependant on us just like children are, so how anyone can't see that baffles me.
Ain't people brilliant though all so different in their ideas.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:54 PM

Animals aren't humans and shouldn't be treated as such, but the species they are. I think it is cruel to cosset them in the way that some people do. Keeping cats indoors is wrong they are meant to be outdoor animals and should be given the freedom to roam. If they get runover, so be it, at least they will have lived a life, not a half life. Dogs have their uses, but dressing them up like some idiots do, or even dyeing their coats is not only crazy it is cruel, imo.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-08-2019, 02:48 PM

With the dangers out there these days I'd say cats are safer in doors. Round here idiots shoot them with air rifles and others run them over with their cars. Much kinder to keep them inside. But in other areas they may be safer and be able to go out I would guess.

And my cosseting harms no one so I'll continue to do it as my dogs love it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top