Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:54 AM

Re: I think I have a guardian angel.

Originally Posted by carol ->
This afternoon Tony & I were a split second away from a head on car crash.

The traffic lights weren't working at a 3 point junction at the bottom of our road.

We couldn't see anything coming so we pulled out to turn right & another car pulled out of another point & came straight towards us! I screamed - I thought 'this is it'

It was only in the last split second that we managed to avoid each other. I don't know how - I guess I must have a guardian angel.

It's just hit me as I prepare to get read for bed that Tony & I could be lying in a hospital bed now - or even the morgue.

What a lovely Christmas for our family that would have been!

Still going over it in my mind. Don't think I'll sleep tonight..

So does anybody on here have a guardian angel?

Thank God you and your husband are ok, what a shock that must have been, try not to focus on what you think could have happened, of course it will take a while for the shock to wear off.

Of course I believe in Angels, they are sent to protect us, they certainly have me, that’s if you believe in them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:16 AM

Thanks everybody.

I didn't sleep very well last night - I kept having flashbacks.
Tony can't remember it happening so I've nobody to talk to about it...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:21 AM

Horrible for you . Try now to let it go , easy for me to say I know but like all things that happen in life it will pass . So glad your safe and well . It's another new day today x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:36 AM

Thanks everybody.

I didn't sleep very well last night - I kept having flashbacks.
Tony can't remember it happening so I've nobody to talk to about it...

I am glad you have got the peeps on here to support you,Carol, just keep talking if you need to.

It’s the shock Carol,it takes quite a while at our age to get over it, take it easy today,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:21 PM

Carol, l am sorry to read of your near miss. The main thing is you’re here to tell the tale.
I suppose it’s the shock we suffer at the time that we can’t get it out of our mind.
We can think, ‘what if’ but ‘If’ is one of the worst words as it makes our minds go into overdrive. It conjures up situations that could’ve happened but they didn’t

In a few days it will start to lift from your mind but l suppose then you might feel a bit nervous about driving?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 06:16 PM

Thanks again everybody.

I've been out in the car again today & felt ok.
If I see anymore traffic lights not working in future I'll turn round & go back!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 06:54 PM

Oh Carol what a horrid experience, doesn't it shake you up and take your confidence away

One time I was driving over the tops between Matlock and Chesterfield and my car slid on the snow into the path of an oncoming Land Rover, we came to a stop within an inch of each others bonnets.
I could hardly drive afterwards for shaking.

I hope you are feeling ok Carol ...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:03 PM

Thanks again everybody.

I've been out in the car again today & felt ok.
If I see anymore traffic lights not working in future I'll turn round & go back!!
I'm glad that you and your husband came to no harm - well, besides the shock obviously. If it's of any comfort to you, a slow incident with the junction would not normally impact the car cage structure.

Stay well...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:38 PM

I'm sure we've all had near misses over the years Carol and they can be pretty unnerving sometimes, but just happy to hear you both came out unscathed.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:47 PM

Hi carol

I'm so sorry you had this terrible shock but I'm so glad you are here able to tell us about it, the scenario could have been so different.

I was once in an accident, a drunk driver ran into me and I had my Sister, my Son and Nephew in the car with me. We were all in shock and when I got out of the car my legs collapsed, it was terrible, but like you, I lived to tell the tale.

It was yours or Tonys time to go I can imagine you feel blessed to still be here.

If you want someone to talk to I'm a good listener, feel free to give me a call xxxxxxxx

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top