Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 05:13 PM

Re: Given Up Sending Christmas Cards?

I've only sent a few Christmas cards this year. Never bother with neighbours either. I sent for some from the Donkey Sanctuary & some I bought from the Cat's Protection charity, I always buy charity cards from which ever charity shop I happen to be in & see them on sale.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 06:12 PM

Have ano of you noticed how hard it is to get cards which actually relate to Jesus?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Have ano of you noticed how hard it is to get cards which actually relate to Jesus?
Mine had donkeys & cats on them.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 08:03 PM

Two 'modern' trends seem to be popular over recent years. Some people don't send cards at all but instead make a one-off donation to a charity. The other trend is more to do with modern technology – the e-card. There are websites that for a one-off payment allow a choice of many Christmas cards that when chosen, will be sent by them to whatever e-mail address you specify. The message and also music can be chosen by yourself so 'personalised' for the person you are sending to.

This particular website will, for a payment to cover a year or a discount if paying for two years, allow an unlimited number of all kinds of cards, Christmas, Birthday, Easter etc., to be sent over the time paid for. The choice of cards is very good as are the designs IMO. The cost for one year is £15 and two years £23. Good value when the cost of cards plus postage over a complete year is considered. BTW I am not connected to the website, I have just received cards from friends via them:

https://www.jacquielawson.com
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
While I feel much the same as you, Carol, I also think LD has a good point when he says about the postage.
I reckon sometimes the stamp costs more than the card, and they are going up again shortly.

I deliver all the local ones, but still post cards to those further away.
Yes, like us we deliver the local ones. But then most of our friends are mostly further away. UK and USA. Stamps cost across the Atlantic are not cheap............
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, like us we deliver the local ones. But then most of our friends are mostly further away. UK and USA. Stamps cost across the Atlantic are not cheap............
A couple of weeks' ago I posted a Christmas card to Tasmania, that cost £2.25 and included the usual three-monthly catch-up letter, that is usually the same price. Not bad considering it's nearly 11,000 away, mail usually takes about 10 days to arrive.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
No, Dex, the shops here are full of them. Maybe we have your share!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's you off the list.
Bugger!......
What if I sent you the money for a stamp Longdogs.....?

And then forgot to put a stamp on the letter....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Seriously though, as Foxy says, 65p to send a card anywhere in the Country is good value. It's just that it adds up to quite a bit when you have a lot of cards to send. I spent around £15 on cards for family and general cards but then spent another £23 on postage.
Good Man...I look forward to receiving mine....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-12-2020, 10:31 PM

I've just had a count up and so far this year we've received 54 Christmas cards and sent about the same. Although some of them were local and we delivered them by hand.
I don't think we will ever stop sending proper Christmas cards...Even though some of our friends think it's odd receiving a Christmas card from us in July....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top