Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:33 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Comet!
No, no tail, all comets have a tail.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, no tail, all comets have a tail.
Meteor then?

Or how about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwR1...BD%D0%B8%D0%BD

Ball lightning is something that many people claim to have seen and, yes, it moves slowly or not at all which admittedly doesn't fit your description.
A very interesting phenomenon too, and one which has yet to receive a convincing explanation.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:30 PM

What if in our lifetimes Carbon Dating was found to be seriously flawed?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What if in our lifetimes Carbon Dating was found to be seriously flawed?
Now that would be one in the eye for science spitty....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:48 AM

During the 1990's, there were thought to be 200 billion galaxies in the universe. Today it is thought that the number of galaxies exceeds 2 trillion galaxies. So, how many planets per galaxy ? An estimated 50 billion/galaxy. How many planets in total in the entire universe ? 50 billion X 2 trillion . Good heavens, that's 50 X2 X billion X trillion.

Personally, I am quite certain that the universe is over-flowing with life. Everything from bacteria to ultra-advanced life. I agreed with Carl Sagan when he said that there are more STARS in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of earth.
Have aliens ever been here ? I seriously doubt it but if there is no other intelligent, sentient life in the universe , then that is one heck of a lot of wasted space.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
During the 1990's, there were thought to be 200 billion galaxies in the universe. Today it is thought that the number of galaxies exceeds 2 trillion galaxies. So, how many planets per galaxy ? An estimated 50 billion/galaxy. How many planets in total in the entire universe ? 50 billion X 2 trillion . Good heavens, that's 50 X2 X billion X trillion.

Personally, I am quite certain that the universe is over-flowing with life. Everything from bacteria to ultra-advanced life. I agreed with Carl Sagan when he said that there are more STARS in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of earth.
Have aliens ever been here ? I seriously doubt it but if there is no other intelligent, sentient life in the universe , then that is one heck of a lot of wasted space.
Exactly bakerman, the earth can’t be the only planet that has evolved life , there must be some kind of life somewhere, whether we’ll ever find it, or it find us, we might never know...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 07:58 AM

Spent a lifetime looking for the "Big Picture" finally seen it on a 65" Tele.

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Exactly bakerman, the earth can’t be the only planet that has evolved life , there must be some kind of life somewhere, whether we’ll ever find it, or it find us, we might never know...
The obvious problem with any thought of aliens actually ever visiting earth, is the tremendous distances involved. Our closest star neighbor is Alpha Centauri, a mind-boggling 4.65 LIGHT YEARS AWAY. With our current technology, it would take us hundreds and hundreds of years to reach it.

A fun thing to think about is that our radio signals have been reaching Alpha Centauri beginning 4.65 years AFTER our 1st radio broadcasts. What would THEY think about US based on our music ?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:21 AM

I remember watching Brian Cox talking about life on other planets he said he was sure it existed but to find other life like ours here on earth he was sure that would not exist. He said we evolved from a series of genetic accidents that would be impossible to emulate.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember watching Brian Cox talking about life on other planets he said he was sure it existed but to find other life like ours here on earth he was sure that would not exist. He said we evolved from a series of genetic accidents that would be impossible to emulate.
I'm sure there must be life on other planets throughout the universe. There is no logical reason why Earth, out of all the billions of other habitable planets, should be the one exception.

There will also be a range of 'levels' of life, from microbes to beings which far exceed our development, intelligence and abilities.

I wonder whether we'll ever actually 'make contact' with any of them.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top