Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:01 AM

Did You Have Coloured Bathroom Suite?

Around the 1970’s and earlier, coloured bathrooms were the rage.
Did you have one? What colour was it and would you like a coloured bathroom suite now?

In 1971 when l was newly married, we bought a brand new house and the bathroom suite was blue.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:04 AM

Re: Did You Have Coloured Bathroom Suite?

Did you have gold taps with that Art? My SiL's sister had gold taps and a dusky pink bathroom suite. Terribly posh at the time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Did you have gold taps with that Art? My SiL's sister had gold taps and a dusky pink bathroom suite. Terribly posh at the time.
Annie, Yes, they were gold and encrusted in diamonds!
Not really, just the usual common taps!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:15 AM

I had a green avocado colour in this house ,when I moved here.....replaced with a white bathroom suite, as soon as I could afford it.

Never liked it, colour imo, dates much quicker than neutral tones.....

I would not have a coloured bathroom suite, not even if you paid me....

Terribly old fashioned imo,darling!.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:15 AM

I had an ivory coloured suite in an 80's house which was quite nice and I'm sure it would still pass now. I know someone with a very old original pink suite which still looks like new and they have been offered rather large amounts of money for it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 12:04 PM

When we moved here 30 odd years ago, the bathroom suite was yellow...we had it ripped out to put in a brand new suite in.....pink,,!!, we had that for years until I fitted a new suite in white, we don’t have a bath, just a shower, with the toilet and sink in white, I’d never have a colour suite , much harder to match the decor
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:30 PM

A cream-coloured one when I first moved in, then a sage-green one because the missus liked the shade. Naturally all the tiling had to be redone to match the suite. Next came a standard white suite (kept the sage green tiles) and finally, ripped out the bath and put in a bespoke (home-made) shower cubicle, relocated the basin because the new cubicle impinged on the old position, and a new white toilet. Two different colours of 10×8 inch floor to ceiling tiles separated by dado tiles that cost almost as much the other tiles put together. That's it. Never again...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:33 PM

Fear not - coloured ones will return at some point when they have exhausted the white ones.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Did you have one? What colour was it and would you like a coloured bathroom suite now?
No, and No - never.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:40 PM

When the estate in which I moved into was built, there were four colours of bathroom suites - blue, yellow, pink and green.

My sister had moved into the estate before me and she replaced her yellow suite with one which was the colour of a milk of magnesia bottle. It was considered very chic at the time but was impossible to clean properly as any cleaning cream left an easily seen white residue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top