Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:00 AM

Re: The Best Purchase Ever

Hi

Best ever was not cheap.

It is a 16 metre fishing pole which weighs less than a kilo but which will land 30lb fish.

Second best was a set of ball bearings for one of my fishing reels, they are amazing.

The third best is very personal.

A bunch of flowers for a very special lady who was sadly killed two days later.

Long, long ago, in a land far away, Africa.

Sad but true, a lovely lady.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Roast red peppers, in a jar. Nice, and saves a lot of messin'
I'm pretty sure music played when I opened my first jar . I use them for everything, most especially a red pepper hummus. You,

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Best ever was not cheap.

It is a 16 metre fishing pole which weighs less than a kilo but which will land 30lb fish.

Second best was a set of ball bearings for one of my fishing reels, they are amazing.

The third best is very personal.

A bunch of flowers for a very special lady who was sadly killed two days later.

Long, long ago, in a land far away, Africa.

Sad but true, a lovely lady.
Poignant story, SF. I am sure she left looking forward to so much. A shame.

I have anxiety attacks (ok, so not really) when ball bearings are mentioned. My dad used to have us sit around the table and pack the blasted things at the kitchen table. I think I still have the grease under my fingernails.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 05:46 PM

My cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner
It's totes amazesballs
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm pretty sure music played when I opened my first jar . I use them for everything, most especially a red pepper hummus. You,

Poignant story, SF. I am sure she left looking forward to so much. A shame.

I have anxiety attacks (ok, so not really) when ball bearings are mentioned. My dad used to have us sit around the table and pack the blasted things at the kitchen table. I think I still have the grease under my fingernails.
He thought you were enjoying yourself,us chaps like that sort of thing.Why were you doing it?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
He thought you were enjoying yourself,us chaps like that sort of thing.Why were you doing it?
I am sure he did ! The bearings would have been for the wheels of the plane car, trailer...you name it. He was as mechanical genius, so knew too much - like the physics of wear- which meant I was his sometimes unwilling assistant . Socket and fixture wiring, installing circuit breakers, running plumbing lines (he built our family home ground up) were among the lessons of my childhood education.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 04:10 AM

My BH would have envied you.When a small girl she helped her father build their house.He mother is unaware of what when on to this day
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am sure he did ! The bearings would have been for the wheels of the plane car, trailer...you name it. He was as mechanical genius, so knew too much - like the physics of wear- which meant I was his sometimes unwilling assistant . Socket and fixture wiring, installing circuit breakers, running plumbing lines (he built our family home ground up) were among the lessons of my childhood education.
Sounds like my sort of bloke Surfermom....

My own daughter could knock up a decent oscillator given just a few parts....

She has learned Well!....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's totes amazesballs
I am thinking of buying one. I have the hand held already, but my Dyson is the ball type with plug in cable & it loves to trip me up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah yes, this is what I am waiting on

Well, it arrived. I think my first job is to build a shed to keep it in.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-01-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds like my sort of bloke Surfermom....

My own daughter could knock up a decent oscillator given just a few parts....

She has learned Well!....
Great! We can chat it up while changing a tire or testing a circuit sometime !

My dad was and still is my foremost model for a life well lived .

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It's totes amazesballs
Mine isn't cordless, but it is one of my most valued soldiers in my war on dog hair. How long does yours run on a charge?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well, it arrived. I think my first job is to build a shed to keep it in.
That sounds akin to the time someone purchased me a mixer and then started dropping hints about cakes.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top