Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 01:54 PM

Re: DIY Skills

Thank you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 02:58 PM

I have done most things really and did it professionally for a while. I worked out I have fitted 50 odd bathrooms and twelve kitchens including tiling and decorating. The only thing I have not been able to master (and don't really want to) is plastering. I take after my Dad who has always had a go first, then if he couldn't do it, would get someone in.

I enjoy a certain amount of gardening and have laid patios and decking and built a few walls in my time.

My figure 36 24 36 and I hope for World peace.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 03:58 PM

Just taken down the vine don't like the grapes anyway, now more light for the greenhouse and small flower patch
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 04:53 PM

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I'm very good at DIY. I've damn-near rebuilt our house over the years including fitting my own PVC windows and patio doors, three kitchens (when the missus got fed up with them), altered the bathroom four times (missus to blame again ), installed central heating, converted the loft into our master bedroom and other things too numerous to mention. Also installed a large decking platform at the back of the house for the missus so that she could sit out in summer, but sadly, she didn't live long enough to enjoy it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 05:10 PM

Would have been easier to change the wife Judd

all I could manage was a side flank block wall extn to a 1930's 3 bed semi with joining garage, and that was only 18 ft by about 9 ft and single story behind my garage with a fire check door into the garage, That was way back in the mid 70s
It did mean taking down a chimney in the kitchen putting in an RSJ support and moving the kitchen door to where the chimney was so it led into the extn, and putting a window in where the door used to be. That stopped a through draft passage from the front door down the hall straight to the place where the old door position was. Then of course re arranging the kitchen fittings because of the extra work space
Actually extended the extn to go past the back of the house with a return wall with a stable door in it
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 05:28 PM

I'm rubbish .... I once sawed through a gas pipe with a fag hanging out of my mouth and that's when I discovered I'm a pretty good sprinter when I have to be.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm rubbish .... I once sawed through a gas pipe with a fag hanging out of my mouth and that's when I discovered I'm a pretty good sprinter when I have to be.
That made me laugh...
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 06:11 PM

I’m excellent..I do it for a living
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Done this and that, more importantly, no longer seek perfection, not even a professional can offer that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 11:05 PM

I'm another one that's rubbish.
I do all the gardening and growing stuff, but no good with inside jobs.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top