Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 12:11 AM

Re: Carpet shampooer.

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
With our Vax it depends on how much shampoo you apply. There is a trigger you pull to apply the shampoo as you move the machine over the carpet with a back and fore movement. You then release the trigger and go over it again to suck up the shampoo. Our carpets are still damp afterwards but dry soon afterwards.
Thanks for that Scot. I hadn't realised they only used shampoo I thought water was added too.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thanks for that Scot. I hadn't realised they only used shampoo I thought water was added too.
Water is used with a splash of shampoo.

Takes a couple of hours to dry, since you're not saturating it. Roughly 3-4 pints is enough for a typical room, with the machine sucking up maybe half of it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:03 AM

I have Vax too and I love it. As for drying time as others have said it depends how much liquid you apply but the carpets are left touch dry ....in my case overnight they are completely dry.

I didn't know Screwfix did a liquid....i will look into that...thanks 😊
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Sorry Pesta. I should have said as Dextrous explained you only need a small amount of shampoo with water. There is a stiff brush under the machine that scrubs the carpet as you go back and fore.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:04 AM

Thanks for your answers everybody. I've decided to hire one.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top