Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Re: Sleigh Bed.

I quite like the idea of a sleigh bed in that they always look cosy and it stops beasties grabbing your toes in the dead of night but I wouldn't have the bedside tables with it, it looks a bit too heavy imo.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I quite like the idea of a sleigh bed in that they always look cosy and it stops beasties grabbing your toes in the dead of night but I wouldn't have the bedside tables with it, it looks a bit too heavy imo.

I tell you what though, it’s the best quality bed I have ever seen, unfortunately some trees were cut down to produce it....cedar and another wood for the inlays I believe.

Certainly not your chipboard, this beauty is built for life.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:38 AM

It's a nice bed. Looks a bit art deco or exotic. What bothers me is that there are no pillows / bedding. It would look beautiful with the right bedding, dark floorboards, ceiling fan and a balcony with a view.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:41 AM

Sorry Pauline but i don’t like it. Perhaps they just aren’t my style. It looks took modern and squared off. In my opinion sleigh beds should have lots of roundness to them like a true sleigh does.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:05 AM

It looks very masculine...not a style I would choose but good for a bachelor pad.. as long as the chap wasn't too tall sleigh beds can be restricting for tall people.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:47 AM

I bet those beds are difficult to move.

I like to move my bed every couple of weeks to vacuum underneath and have difficulty moving my current single bed with a sprung mattress (it has roller feet) because of the weight .

In general I like sleigh beds but it depends on the wood used.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I bet those beds are difficult to move.

I like to move my bed every couple of weeks to vacuum underneath and have difficulty moving my current single bed with a sprung mattress (it has roller feet) because of the weight .

In general I like sleigh beds but it depends on the wood used.

It came dismantled,Meg, it took him ages to put it together ,and your right,he can’t move it once it’s up, the photo doesn’t give it justice, it really is a beautiful bed, it’s not a new bed either ,it’s yrs old, he was gifted it from his boss,......yes I agree, Annie, the bedding isn’t right, but it belongs to my son,what you expect, and yes it is definitely a required taste,

His boss has moved,but lived in a mansion, my son like me,lives in a box, only his box is much bigger than mine,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:59 AM

Hi

I have a huge sleigh bed, super king size.

A legacy of one of the tall slim blondes who bought it.

The Prees master bedroom was huge, so it did not dominate.

It completely dominates this much smaller bedroom, but the bed is lovelyand comfortable.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:54 PM

When I was a little girl I used to visit my Aunt in 'the big house' every week. She had a huge sleigh bed with angels carved on the headboard. I was fascinated by the bed

The house was sold and is now a hotel, I often wonder what became of the bed and if it is still there with guests using it. I think it would need a crane to lift it out
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-01-2021, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I was a little girl I used to visit my Aunt in 'the big house' every week. She had a huge sleigh bed with angels carved on the headboard. I was fascinated by the bed

The house was sold and is now a hotel, I often wonder what became of the bed and if it is still there with guests using it. I think it would need a crane to lift it out

I would love to see that bed as well, they are a piece of art, .a hotel room or a country mansion I believe is a suitable place to house them.....it does over power his room and makes his other furniture look pretty inferior, but hey ho, he got it for free,...anything will do for my son, he is not materialistic what so ever.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top