Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 06:37 PM

Ursala and legitimate concerns??

The lovely Leylans lady says UK must recgnise legitimate concerns
of EU fishermen?
Does she mean that because they managed to steal from us for
forty odd years that makes it right??
The north sea is now under new management !!
Get used to it !!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 06:53 PM

Re: Ursala and legitimate concerns??

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 06:57 PM

I am bemused by the fact that the UK has to recognise their "legitimate concerns", yet they don't have to recognise ours?
Am I missing something here..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I am bemused by the fact that the UK has to recognise their "legitimate concerns", yet they don't have to recognise ours?
Am I missing something here..
Apparently. It's their way or the highway it would seem.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 07:05 AM

Perhaps she remembers how Britain dealt with the legitimate concerns of the Icelandic fishermen.

Of course herein is the answer - threaten to leave NATO!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 03:44 PM

From The Times:
"How a fish supper summit battered hopes of a breakthrough"

"The British account of the dinner is one characterised by EU intransigence to engage in the substance of the issues that still divide the two sides. “They were on listen and transmit mode rather than suggesting anything themselves. It was pretty disheartening,” a source said. “We talked and talked and talked and tried to come up with potential ways through but we just didn’t get anything back.”

That was entirely the intention. One source on the EU side said that Mrs Von der Leyen wanted to impress on Mr Johnson that unless he gave ground on the level playing field then the EU was united in rejecting a deal."

It's a good read and explains much, including how Boris's request to talk to Macron & Merkel being refused clearly makes the EU look like they don't really want a deal.

It also says this:
"Publicly even ministers who voted Remain, including Ben Wallace and Robert Buckland, are said to be “fervent” in telling the prime minister that the terms being offered by the EU are unacceptable and that they are supportive of his strategy."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...ough-86bt67kvf

If you don't have access there is a free trial period available for those that are interested.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps she remembers how Britain dealt with the legitimate concerns of the Icelandic fishermen.

Of course herein is the answer - threaten to leave NATO!
If you remember, Bruce, it was the country who defending its territorial waters that won the cod wars.

How are the Chinese tariffs on Australias exports going then ?

You should concentrate on your own problems.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If you remember, Bruce, it was the country who defending its territorial waters that won the cod wars.

How are the Chinese tariffs on Australias exports going then ?

You should concentrate on your own problems.
I appreciate your concern but I will decide what I concentrate on and the manner in which I concentrate. I have no problems, your's are far more extensive and fun.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I appreciate your concern but I will decide what I concentrate on and the manner in which I concentrate. I have no problems, your's are far more extensive and fun.
So you're a Teutophile then Bruce, with your Schadenfreude.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
So you're a Teutophile then Bruce, with your Schadenfreude.
That's genuinely very funny.

Why Oz instead of the EU Bruce, if you are indeed as much of a Teutophile or even a EUrophile as your posts suggest?
You could find a bit where the weather is more or less on a par with Oz.
With less spiders & snakes, and less bush fires too.
It's not on the other side of the world from what you seem to adore, either.

Would it be because - like so many that profess such admiration for the EU - you don't actually like it enough to put your money where your mouth is and actually live there?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top