Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 11:04 PM

Re: Ursala and legitimate concerns??

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Would it be because - like so many that profess such admiration for the EU - you don't actually like it enough to put your money where your mouth is and actually live there?
Please show me where I have expressed any admiration for the EU?

Like so much of your posts - total rubbish.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:26 AM

Perhaps I should have said your hatred for Britian since that is so obvious, but that would not have been related to what was posted before.
You're like an ex-smoker.
Often the worst offenders for telling others not to smoke.

I won't be the only one who has noticed that you made no comment regarding PooBear's "Teutophile" comment, so you're making it obvious that it's yourself talking the rubbish there in your haste to deny what is obvious.
Gosh! you will have to explain how this is a hatred for Britain.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps she remembers how Britain dealt with the legitimate concerns of the Icelandic fishermen.

Of course herein is the answer - threaten to leave NATO!
I even gave you the answer to her "legitimate concerns" or did you miss that? I have put it in bold so you don't miss it this time.

As for Poobear's remark, sorry, I didn't realise that there was anything to comment on.

If I have any criticism of the British it is to remark on what a thin skinned mob you have turned into, running around like headless chooks and name calling when an EU official says anything that you don't like.

Even more tragic is your finding anything less that fulsome praise for your comments and opinions a "hatred of Britain".

Such fragile egos, it really is very sad for a nation upon whom the sun once never set.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

14-12-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Pretty ironic that, even though you're a British ex-pat you call us, "thin skinned mob". Quite disgusting really, considering you ran away to mock us from the other side of the world.

<snip personal attack>

Talking of irony - your reply merely supports my contention.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:29 AM

<yawn>
We will have an FTA signed up within the next week or so with Australia.

Something else for you to hate.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Along with the Chinese; the Oz government; rain; fires; droughts; etc. etc. etc.

Yes, talks are going well - and remember that the UK cannot sign new trade deals until the New Year without risking huge fines from the greedy EU.
https://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/agreem...iations/aukfta

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...t1gnPxJaujc6Td
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-12-2020, 10:40 PM

What a typically stupid comment.

I am very much in favour of FTAs Australia has always benefited from them.

The UK-Australia free trade agreement is one of seven under negotiation at the moment.

https://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/agreem...ade-agreements
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:05 PM

That's genuinely very funny.

Why Oz instead of the EU Bruce, if you are indeed as much of a Teutophile or even a EUrophile as your posts suggest?
You could find a bit where the weather is more or less on a par with Oz.
With less spiders & snakes, and less bush fires too.
It's not on the other side of the world from what you seem to adore, either.

Would it be because - like so many that profess such admiration for the EU - you don't actually like it enough to put your money where your mouth is and actually live there?
I may be completely wrong because I never read his posts, but I'd hazard a guess that rather than being pro-EU, he actually hates the British for some reason.
Perhaps something that happened to him in the past.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-12-2020, 11:58 PM

Perhaps she remembers how Britain dealt with the legitimate concerns of the Icelandic fishermen.

Of course herein is the answer - threaten to leave NATO!
Such a tiny thing to upset so many!

That's genuinely very funny.

Why Oz instead of the EU Bruce, if you are indeed as much of a Teutophile or even a EUrophile as your posts suggest?
You could find a bit where the weather is more or less on a par with Oz.
With less spiders & snakes, and less bush fires too.
It's not on the other side of the world from what you seem to adore, either.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I may be completely wrong because I never read his posts, but I'd hazard a guess that rather than being pro-EU, he actually hates the British for some reason.
Perhaps something that happened to him in the past.
Oh dear JBR - don't read my posts? We both know that is bullshit.

Amazing how such a small comment on this subject can raise the hackles so much.

I love how any disagreement with this mob is a "hatred of Britain" or "hates the British", if you think I hate Britain that is fine with me. Such a strong emotion for a country toward which I actually have little feelings one way or another but as someone born there and as a member of this International Forum where it is the main topic of discussion I join in. If you don't like that - tough titties.

As for your personal attacks and attempted diversions about Australia? All totally irrelevant to this topic and water off a duck's back.

Back to Brexit, still, what? fifteen days to go after four years of flailing about. Interesting times.

Carry on...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:02 AM

I love how any disagreement with this mob is a "hatred of Britain" or "hates the British", if you think I hate Britain that is fine with me. Such a strong emotion for a country toward which I actually have little feelings one way or another but as someone born there and as a member of this International Forum where it is the main topic of discussion I join in. If you don't like that - tough titties.

As for your personal attacks and attempted diversions about Australia? All totally irrelevant to this topic and water off a duck's back.

Back to Brexit, still, what? fifteen days to go after four years of flailing about. Interesting times.

Carry on...
So many posts from somebody allegedly not bothered?
It's time to let go, Bruce.
Or do Aussies not have forums where you can discuss global events in a reasonable manner?

BTW, commenting on posts is not being "upset" - unless of course you are yourself admitting to being very upset given the number of responses you make yourself?
Pointing out the bleeding obvious isn't a "personal attack" either, unlike some of your obvious hostile remarks.
As in calling posters stupid as you did earlier in this very thread.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:40 AM

Carry on...
Indeed! You should try being a Scot on here. How dare you belong to a successful independent country.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top