Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:33 PM

Re: Ursala and legitimate concerns??

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Indeed! You should try being a Scot on here. How dare you belong to a successful independent country.
That's hilarious when you're objecting to the UK becoming independent but you want to see Scotland tied to the EU - again!
That is not independence.

I see the UvdL is still saying there is movement in the so-called negotiations - and then contradicting herself by saying she still doesn't know if a deal can be reached and that (yes, again *sigh*) "the next days are going to be decisive".
No schizzle Ursula, really?
The next how many days exactly, this time?
She's a worse embarrassment to the EU than JC Juncker was, and that is no mean feat to accomplish.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That's hilarious when you're objecting to the UK becoming independent but you want to see Scotland tied to the EU - again!
That is not independence.

I see the UvdL is still saying there is movement in the so-called negotiations - and then contradicting herself by saying she still doesn't know if a deal can be reached and that (yes, again *sigh*) "the next days are going to be decisive".
No schizzle Ursula, really?
The next how many days exactly, this time?
She's a worse embarrassment to the EU than JC Juncker was, and that is no mean feat to accomplish.
I'm not listening to anyone except the Government on progress. The media, remainers and the EU are all posting complete BS on social media and in the press.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm not listening to anyone except the Government on progress. The media, remainers and the EU are all posting complete BS on social media and in the press.
As has been the case since a referendum was announced nigh on five years ago now.

"However, as we’ve seen again and again, rationality and common sense are of little account in an EU that seems more interested in punishing Britain than in reaching a decent accommodation."

"But then, has this ever been a genuine negotiation? Today the EU seriously proposes that Britain should not only adhere to every dot and comma of European law, but be bound by any new laws it cares to pass in future.
What we are witnessing is nothing less than an attempt to reduce Britain to the status of a mere province in a wider European empire. It is a status that no self-respecting country could possibly accept."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1772141.html

'Evie, eight, asked: “Dad, why has my life been ruined?”

Ruined? Her whole life? Then, it hit me: she had been innocently absorbing a daily feed of despondency. '

"I am not suggesting all is rosy. Our species faces problems, as we always shall. My point is that we cannot hope to make our way in the world if our perception of many of its most basic properties are skewed, whether on the prevalence of crime, the risk of a terror attack, or the basic decency of the people who surround us in the conglomerations we call societies."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/c...eems-dqq9h53v3

If you can read it I suggest you do because it is a remarkably perceptive and honest opinion.
A free trial period is available or maybe a search of the headline might bring up a readable source.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

16-12-2020, 01:54 PM

Boris has just said this in the HoP:

“Every hope I have (is) that our friends and partners across the Channel will see sense and do a deal, and all that that takes is for them to understand that the UK has a natural right, like every other country, to want to be able to control its own laws and its own fishing grounds,”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/brita...KBN28Q1MO?il=0
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Boris has just said this in the HoP:

“Every hope I have (is) that our friends and partners across the Channel will see sense and do a deal, and all that that takes is for them to understand that the UK has a natural right, like every other country, to want to be able to control its own laws and its own fishing grounds,”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/brita...KBN28Q1MO?il=0
He is absolutely right.

I did laugh out loud when he called Starmer a "one club golfer" though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 02:54 PM

The Express is saying the same old rubbish over and over again.
What 'might' happen, and how soon it 'might' happen.

It's becoming more boringly repetitive that it isn't really worth reading.

The Telegraph is better, in that it is just the very occasional repetitive report!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-12-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The Express is saying the same old rubbish over and over again.
What 'might' happen, and how soon it 'might' happen.

It's becoming more boringly repetitive that it isn't really worth reading.

The Telegraph is better, in that it is just the very occasional repetitive report!
According to Lee Anderson MP (and member of the ERG) 99% of what we read in the media is "complete and utter rubbish" ...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 04:50 PM

According to Lee Anderson MP (and member of the ERG) 99% of what we read in the media is "complete and utter rubbish" ...
I can well understand and believe that because virtually nothing is coming (leaking) out of the negotiations.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

16-12-2020, 05:14 PM

Only 99%?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-12-2020, 05:17 PM

Listening to Boris at his speech just now it sounds like we have given the EU a take it or leave it choice. Either sign up to our offer of an FTA or we leave with no trade deal in place.

As Percy pointed out there is nothing coming from our negotiators but UvdL seems quite vocal.... which makes sense

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top