Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Relief..

Whew!! What a relief.

After much emailing for help & getting none, a parcel from Boots dispatched on November 28th has finally arrived.
Well thanks for your help & reassurance Boots (NOT) !!! & shame on Royal Mail for not helping me either. It's not so much the parcel loss as the sender/carrier ignoring you when you need help.

Last week an ebay item went missing & I'm now awaiting a refund
and the time before that, Amazon charged me for something that had not arrived.

I'm seriously thinking of not shopping online anymore.

Royal Mail seem to have a lot to answer for when it comes to losing parcels.

How do they do it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 01:04 PM

Re: Relief..

I've been lucky with parcels from Boots but one is due to arrive soon so I hope they haven't changed carrier to some less reliable company. In fact so far (fingers crossed) I have had hardly any problems with deliveries but most companies are obliging in resolving issues. Some slower than others.

I guess they are a bit busy at the moment and there are also some nasty people out there. A friend received a parcel but the item had been stolen en route. She has been able to get it replaced by the sender. Just a pain.

I did have a scam email from DPD the other day. Be careful if you get an email saying that your delivery has to be rescheduled because you were out when they called. It then tells you to pay for redelivery! The email address gives it away.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 02:09 PM

We have had a few glitches with mail deliveries recently. Today we had a delivery of stamps for Christmas cards. That should have been second class. Two days. It actually took seven days!!

Fortunately, we posted our letters immediately. We'll see when they they arrived...............
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 04:11 PM

Some post is erratic , a Christmas Card from my brother in Derbyshire containing a cheque has just been delivered by someone in a car , presumably it went to the wrong house.
The postcode and half the address has been obscured by the franking machine . Had it not arrived I would have assumed my brother had not sent it this year.

On the other hand a hot water bottle ordered from Amazon arrived the following day .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We have had a few glitches with mail deliveries recently. Today we had a delivery of stamps for Christmas cards. That should have been second class. Two days. It actually took seven days!!

Fortunately, we posted our letters immediately. We'll see when they they arrived...............
V had a chat with our postie the other day about the delays in receiving her birthday cards (one posted 1st class 2 days before arrived 2 days after her birthday). He said our local sorting office is down to about 40-50% staffing levels because the others are either self-isolating or have Covid, and the amount of mail going through has increased dramatically because of Christmas.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:11 PM

I ordered a rug from Wayfair, I don’t like ordering online,especially this type of stuff, because it never looks like the picture, on saying that,I’m very happy with this one.

I made sure I was in when he delivered, it didn’t come on time, plus he delivered to the wrong house, what would have happened if I hadn’t been looking out for him, Carol,I will not be ordering online again, I have seen what some of the YouTube home decor girls go through,items broken,never turning up on time,also some retailers keep putting off the delivery date, I just can’t be doing with that, so from now on I will always buy local or from shops that I can take it home with me.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
V had a chat with our postie the other day about the delays in receiving her birthday cards (one posted 1st class 2 days before arrived 2 days after her birthday). He said our local sorting office is down to about 40-50% staffing levels because the others are either self-isolating or have Covid, and the amount of mail going through has increased dramatically because of Christmas.
Yes, I agree. Covid and resulting sorting office backlogs. I don't blame the local posties - they have been excellent.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 11:39 AM

Attention.... this could be very boring to some.....

I ordered a kettle and Hermes were to deliver it.
On Wednesday they sent an email to say it would be delivered between 1600 and 1800.
I went out and arrived home just before 1500hrs. I was still in my car when a taxi type van drew up beside me containing two men. A young boy got out and l said, ‘l’m here’. I think I startled him as he hadn’t seen me in my car.
He handed me the parcel, l thanked him and they drove off.

The next day, l received an email from Hermes to say, ‘ Your parcel has been delivered at 14.57 to the delivery address’. This was followed by a verified GPS location which showed a map of where l live. Underneath that was a caption, ‘Here’s where we left it.... and it showed a pic of the front of my house and bushes/flower containers with the reflection of their van in the window.

Ermm hello, no parcel is shown in the pic outside my house, because the boy handed it to me. So why wasn’t l shown in the pic holding the parcel?
Anyone could take a pic of a house but it doesn’t mean the parcel has been delivered.

Of course, l am only being petty and looking too deeply into the situation but it did make me think.

Oh and the pic of my house has now disappeared from the email. Can they remove pics from emails once they are sent?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Oh and the pic of my house has now disappeared from the email. Can they remove pics from emails once they are sent?
They can if it was a linked dynamic image. So if you post a link to an image here from a webpage. It can disappear if the webpage is no longer valid.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They can if it was a linked dynamic image. So if you post a link to an image here from a webpage. It can disappear if the webpage is no longer valid.

Hi Annie, Can you repeat that in English!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top