Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:05 PM

Rosie

I had to take her to an emergency vet today,£200 before any treatment ,ended up waiting 3 hrs for her to be seen.

This Covid is causing so much havoc, she’s ok , needs an operation done tomorrow at my vets, so have to phone first thing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:17 PM

Re: Rosie

Pauline, I am so sorry to hear of an animal in distress.
Can you explain a little more though please?
Who is Rosie, it she your dog or cat? And what happened that became an emergency visit?

Unfortunately some money grabbing vets ship their loyal clients out to out-of-hours surgeries elsewhere, sometimes miles away. They don't know your animal, and vice versa.

I am extremely lucky in that my vets out-of-hours is their own surgery, so I know I will always see someone I know and who has their health records at the touch of a button.

I wonder why if she needed surgery they didn't keep her in?

I hope all goes well for her tomorrow, and she is soon back home and on the mend again.
Useless saying try not to worry, because you're bound to.
Keep you chin up gal.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:31 PM

Thanks Mups, I phoned my vets a few weeks ago about her teeth needing cleaning and probably some extractions, she has periodontal disease, they couldn’t do anything until after Christmas, well, yesterday she kept putting her head down and cowering, plus she kept wanting to go out, this morning she still seemed very unhappy, then later on I noticed her left side of mouth was swollen, saliva coming out of it along with blood, I phoned my son, he ordered me to take her to the emergency vet pronto, I ordered a taxi and off we went, ...the vet believes she could have an abscess in her mouth,..gave her a shot for the pain and antibiotics, Mups, I could see she was in a lot of pain, ...I can’t rest when my animals are in pain, she picked up quite quickly after that jab, and wanted her food, unfortunately the vet said she can’t have any because of the operation tomorrow, poor little darling must be starving,she hardly ate yesterday and had nothing today.

The vet said that she has sent a email to my vet, requesting the operation is to be done tomorrow as it’s an emergency.

I’m waiting for these emergency vets to phone me with the bill, I don’t mind paying, she’s worth every penny, I can’t stand to see my dogs or any dogs, animals suffering.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:36 PM

Poor Rosie, I hope the op goes well for her tomorrow and she'll be back home with you soon Pauline.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-12-2020, 07:44 PM

Thank you Mags.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-12-2020, 08:05 PM

I have just this minute phoned them as they hadn’t phoned me back,

Total £200 on the dot,I was expecting much more, because when I spoke to the receptionist, she said before any consultation it would be £200 ,so I was expecting to pay extra for the shot of pain relief +the antibiotics,so that was a pleasant surprise.

My jack has the same problem,only his teeth aren’t infected but they smell awful, so hopefully they will be able to fit him in soon as well...periodontal disease is nasty if untreated, I know as I also have the disease...

The three of us would you believe,😂🤣😅
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:12 PM

It is so worrying when our pets are not well and we can't explain what's happening to them. I'm sure she will be fine, I reckon they class it as an emergency because, as you say, she can't eat. Hope all goes well. Let us know when she is back home.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-12-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It is so worrying when our pets are not well and we can't explain what's happening to them. I'm sure she will be fine, I reckon they class it as an emergency because, as you say, she can't eat. Hope all goes well. Let us know when she is back home.

Thanks LD.

The vet said she has sent them an email,requesting she has the operation tomorrow LD, I have to ring first thing in the morning, when I phoned to pay the bill, I told the receptionist about the problem with jack as well, it’s only a matter of time before his mouth becomes infected,so she told me to have a word with the receptionist regarding jack, his teeth need cleaning as well, plus they both have to go under Anesthetic, this Covid is causing havoc, I wasn’t allowed into the vet hospital, I had to wait in the taxi, thank God he never charged me to wait.

Yes,I will keep you informed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have just this minute phoned them as they hadn’t phoned me back,

Total £200 on the dot,I was expecting much more, because when I spoke to the receptionist, she said before any consultation it would be £200 ,so I was expecting to pay extra for the shot of pain relief +the antibiotics,so that was a pleasant surprise.

My jack has the same problem,only his teeth aren’t infected but they smell awful, so hopefully they will be able to fit him in soon as well...periodontal disease is nasty if untreated, I know as I also have the disease...

The three of us would you believe,😂🤣😅

Oh dear, poor Rosie. That must have been so very painful.
How old is she Pauline?

My oldest one who was 15 in November needs some dentistry but he is reluctant to give her a general anaesthetic now, because she is so frail.
I have got a very soft toothbrush and some Dorwest Herbs Roast Dinner flavoured toothpaste for her and gently brush, but she really needs a proper clean.

My vets are letting us back in with our animals now, but we have our temperature taken first, and we have to wear a mask. They are also staggering appointments so there are only a couple in the waiting room at a time now.

I hope you get on alright tomorrow, and they sort her out quickly. I'm sure she'll soon be eating happily again once they've sorted her mouth out.

Let us know how you get on, won't you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Thanks Mups, Rosie is around 10 and 11, jack will let me brush his teeth, unfortunately Rosie has a very small mouth ,impossible to clean her back teeth, mind you,she won’t let me brush them anyway, she’s had x2 operation on her teeth,so this will be her third, yes I will keep you informed.

Thank you everyone for your concern, it’s nice to get your support.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top