Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Re: Nightmare at the Lion Queens Castle

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Good luck with it tomorrow, LQ. See, wasn’t it Barry who said the plumber wouldn’t be concerned, and he was right! Keep us posted.
Of course the plumber won't be concerned at this stage. The leak itself will only take a few seconds to repair. Finding it, and draining the pipes down....That's What takes time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi all

Just an update on the flood.

Plumber has been and he's going to make a start tomorrow.

He thought it was either coming from the bathroom or the central heating but he's ruled out the bathroom so it looks like a leak in the central heating pipes somewhere.

Apparently it's been leaking a while, just we didn't know until it has shown itself by bowing the flooring. It has now spread into the kitchen and has just started making its way into the living room but he think he will be able to save our living room floor but the kitchen and hallway definitely has to come up.

He'll be here at 8.30am to make a start. I'm really grateful to him as he only got back from a long drive from London today and he called here before going home which was good of him.

We feel so much better knowing he knows what to do, he didn't seem overly concerned, I reckon he's seen much worse in his time.

Not looking forward to the upheaval but such is life eh, I'll look on it as a positive and look forward to my new floor lol

I had said a few months back I want a new floor downstairs but we decided not to because we couldn't be bothered with all the mess but now we have no choice.

Thanks for all your responses. You are all invited to my New Floor Party when its done...........Bring a bottle.............AND A MASK!
Glad you are feeling a bit more relaxed about it now LQ and as you say, you will get a new floor out of it , so that's a positive. These things are always a shock but we always get there in the end.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:31 PM

So pleased you were able to get a plumber to look at it so soon LQ....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
So pleased you were able to get a plumber to look at it so soon LQ....
Let's hope his trousers are pulled up properly.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 12:01 AM

I'm so pleased something is being done quickly about it.
How did you find the plumber Queenie? Was he recommended?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 07:47 AM

I hope all goes well today and the plumber identifies the source. Probably worth while checking your home insurance and seeing if you have home emergencies included. Good luck
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm so pleased something is being done quickly about it.
How did you find the plumber Queenie? Was he recommended?
yes Carol, my neighbour came round and told me about him, they use him and he doesnt rip people off.

He knows his stuff
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:51 AM

thanks all

Latest update

Within 5 minutes of him arriving he suspected it was a pipe in the wall at back of fridge, he pulled fridge out and spotted a screw in the wall. when they fitted kitchen cupboards they screwed a screw in and it punctured a pipe and over years its got worse. Its spurting out now . He pulled fridge out as that's where he suspected it coming from. Bloody hell its been trickling for years and when he's pulled the screw out it started spurting. The screw was plugging it but a tiny trickle been coming through. Gonna take some time to dry out but never mind. I feel so relieved he found the source, all sorts going through my mind xxxx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:11 AM

That's very good news.
What happens now? Do you claim on insurance for new flooring or will the old be ok when it dries out?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Oh wow, LQ...what a fab plumber, to find the problem!! I am so pleased for you. But yes, now comes the worst part...drying out the floor. Good luck. Sending more hugs.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top