Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 11:59 PM

I think I have a guardian angel.

This afternoon Tony & I were a split second away from a head on car crash.

The traffic lights weren't working at a 3 point junction at the bottom of our road.

We couldn't see anything coming so we pulled out to turn right & another car pulled out of another point & came straight towards us! I screamed - I thought 'this is it'

It was only in the last split second that we managed to avoid each other. I don't know how - I guess I must have a guardian angel.

It's just hit me as I prepare to get read for bed that Tony & I could be lying in a hospital bed now - or even the morgue.

What a lovely Christmas for our family that would have been!

Still going over it in my mind. Don't think I'll sleep tonight..

So does anybody on here have a guardian angel?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:25 AM

Re: I think I have a guardian angel.

Gosh, bet that was frightening Carol.
Glad you're both safe.

Try and put it out of your mind now, or you won't rest properly tonight.
You're home, safe and soon be warm in your own bed.
That's what matters most.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:47 AM

How scary, Carol, I am glad you are both OK.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:53 AM

Scary indeed. A decision made in a fraction of a second can change everything. Glad you're OK. Shaken, but not too stirred!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 12:56 AM

That must have been so frightening Carol, so pleased you are both alright.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 01:49 AM

Glad you are ok Carol.

Will you get in touch with your town planning department about the danger of those lights? They should have some emergency measures in place.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 02:14 AM

I know this feeling Carol!
I planned to drive to my son's 50th birthday party . About 50 km into the journey I stopped, thought a lot in a kind of mental panic, rang my wife to say I have decided not to go . She was mystified but said "OK". I turned around to go back but I stopped again after about 5km, looked at myself in the rear view mirror and thought "What the hell am I doing?". Rang my wife again to say I had had a brief outbreak of insanity and I was going to proceed to Hawkes bay and the party. About 10km on I came across an ambulance crew attending an upside down car which had crossed the centre line on a curve, broken a fence and ended up upside down in a field. Was I lucky or crazy?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 06:38 AM

Glad you are OK Carol...a close shave and as you say it could have been a very different Christmas.

Makes you think doesn't it Ciderman ....I once went into the back of a car there was no real damage but the chap I bumped into was beside himself all he could keep saying to me was he had dreamt it would happen and he had had a premonition.....who knows.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:15 AM

How awful for you both, so good your alright. It's so scary when these things happen. As for your guardian angel, he/she was certainly on the ball. Unlike mine who loves seeing me in constant pain.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 07:25 AM

Wow glad you are ok Carol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top