Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:48 AM

Re: The UK Has Nuclear Options Against EU Hostility

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does he really think the EU would agree to this Zaphod ??
I think Barmy will make it as difficult as possible, they obviously
can't bear the thought of losing "treasure Island" !!

Donkeyman! 😀😀

We need to stop negotiations DM. Business uncertainty continues with every day this rumbles along.

Gove is right - we leave on the 31st January and negotiations will stop as well.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:11 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-travel-update

French Government made the announcement this morning..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:38 PM

I wonder what they want in exchange Cinders??
Free fishing for a year maybe ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Just when the French get themselves into the position where they can blame Brexit for the loss of trade & the shutting down of the English Channel, the English Channel gets shut down, anyway, by the Virus!

Tough Luck, Marconi (aka Macron the fish!), it "signals" that you are not likely to get elected as it stands at the moment!

Maybe lots of the trucks trapped on our side are French?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
... and here are just a few of them.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/br...-eu-hostility/
An excellent article setting out the situation and options as, I believe, they really are.

One exception: "The funds raised could be put towards funding UK legacy payments to the EU agreed under the withdrawal agreement"

What 'legacy payments'? We owe the EU nothing. When we leave with no deal - which the Frogs are now beginning to accept - we can rip up May's WA and, consequently, we should not have to pay the EU another single penny.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An excellent article setting out the situation and options as, I believe, they really are.

One exception: "The funds raised could be put towards funding UK legacy payments to the EU agreed under the withdrawal agreement"

What 'legacy payments'? We owe the EU nothing. When we leave with no deal - which the Frogs are now beginning to accept - we can rip up May's WA and, consequently, we should not have to pay the EU another single penny.
The EU, and the Mafia, think differently!

You always owe something!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:46 PM

Hi
It is not May's WA, it was substantially altered by Boris and he signed it.
on behalf of the UK.

He has tried to get out of it and failed.

He has had to back down.

The Government are not talking about ripping up the WA, they know that is not an option.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:56 PM

We need to pay our debts JBR, if we've agreed ti something then we should honour it to maintain our international reputation. No doubt there will be sum owed to us also for investments over the years, particularly to the European Bank, so hopefully not all one sided.

Oh, and I do wish you would stop referring to the French as "the frogs", it's most childish and quite insulting to the majority, who probably hate their politicians just as much as we do!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
on behalf of the UK.

He has had to back down.

The Government are not talking about ripping up the WA, they know that is not an option.
Again I think you are wrong.

You do not know what government plans are (and neither do I) but here's a bloke that, I suspect, knows far more than either of us.
And he more than hints at that here:
"I was told, as we were all told, that nothing was agreed until everything was agreed, and that that meant the future relationship as well as the withdrawal"
agreement.

https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2020/1...single-market/

Then there is this:
"In accordance with the principle that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, individual items cannot be settled separately."
It's there from the EU themselves in black & white.
Their legal team wouldn't stand a chance of denial when faced with that.

S1P2
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...t-guidelines/#
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
on behalf of the UK.

He has had to back down.

Says the guy who wants to give away the opportunity of thousands of jobs in the UK fishing industry, our fisheries and EEZ in return for avoiding tax.

You've got your principles all over the place, Swimmy.

Your also contradicting yourself.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top