Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 01:57 PM

Re: Sky News ...

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I'm sure it is.

Actually, I find it a shame really because the old BBC used to produce some excellent programmes, like Downton Abbey for example. Of course, many such programmes were, and still are, produced by independent companies and paid for by the BBC.
Sorry JBR, Downton Abbey was an ITV offering although the Beeb did a similar series not unlike Upstairs, Downstairs which name escapes me.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps it's simply that they dislike how the left-wing organisations (via BBC, etc) are trying to influence public opinion and they would like to swing the existing left-leaning persuasiveness further to the right.

That's certainly how I see things anyway. We need a balance. At present, most of our media seem to be pushing left-wing opinions. We need at least one competitor to push right-wing opinions in an attempt to balance things out.

I would add that no-one will ever brainwash me, despite the usual suspects trying to do so. I make up my own mind and form my own opinions.

Unfortunately, there are many people out there - good people - who are more easily swayed. They are the ones that the BBC & others prey upon.
I think you missed my point JB?
I Question why ANY monied person would risk large sums of money
on establishing a new MEDIA company??
I'm sure it is not in order to present an alternative view for my or
your benefit??
The point is that they WISH to sway our opinion at all??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
your benefit??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
It's a private sector business thats being invested in, just like any other. If the risks that are presented are manageable, profit can be made and the right people are in place to run it then it should be a sound investment.

The content that is broadcast also has a market that it's aimed at, such as left wing people or right wing people or young people or old people etc. The BBC (the public sector) on the other hand is supposed to be independent and the TV license paid by everyone, not if they watch it but if they have a TV in the first place. Thats the driver behind the unbiased, balanced broadcasting by the BBC and how its revenues are generated - but it does nothing of the sort and constantly gives us remain, left wing centric crap 24 hours a day
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's a private sector business thats being invested in, just like any other. If the risks that are presented are manageable, profit can be made and the right people are in place to run it then it should be a sound investment.

The content that is broadcast also has a market that it's aimed at, such as left wing people or right wing people or young people or old people etc. The BBC (the public sector) on the other hand is supposed to be independent and the TV license paid by everyone, not if they watch it but if they have a TV in the first place. Thats the driver behind the unbiased, balanced broadcasting by the BBC and how its revenues are generated - but it does nothing of the sort and constantly gives us remain, left wing centric crap 24 hours a day
I understand and agree with you on BBC funding Bread, but it seems to me that all owners of all media companies have only one reason
for investing in them, and that is influence? Profit is only secondary?
Their profit comes from that influence , not directly from media ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:36 PM

I understand and agree with you on BBC funding Bread, but it seems to me that all owners of all media companies have only one reason
for investing in them, and that is influence? Profit is only secondary?
Their profit comes from that influence , not directly from media ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The profits come from advertising and selling subscriptions (for those that require monthly payments, such as Sky). There again, if you look at Skys advertising a lot of that is to appeal to the woke left and conservation luvvies etc because there are so many charity ads for 3 legged donkeys and deformed kids.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This should make you smile !

https://foxhole.news/2021/01/06/gb-n...eate-140-jobs/
GB News is the channel that will have Andrew Neil as its chairman.

C5 News is produced by ITN especially for C5.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sorry JBR, Downton Abbey was an ITV offering although the Beeb did a similar series not unlike Upstairs, Downstairs which name escapes me.
Oh yes, so it was. Sorry. No doubt still made by an independent production company, though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:08 PM

your benefit??
Suits me! They can sway as many lefties' opinions all they want!

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top