Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 07:23 PM

Face Masks

my husband just got back from hospital after having a chest xray. He had on a mask but was told by hospital staff to take off his mask and use one of the hospital masks. He asked why but the nurse just said she didn't know just that they had been told to hand out hospital paper masks.

I wonder if they think our own masks aren't so good?
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 07:56 PM

Re: Face Masks

oooer, my wife has an appointment for an exray tomorrow
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
my husband just got back from hospital after having a chest xray. He had on a mask but was told by hospital staff to take off his mask and use one of the hospital masks. He asked why but the nurse just said she didn't know just that they had been told to hand out hospital paper masks.

It's to remove any issue of doubt. Masks of all types are available and not every mask type is tested to see just how effective they are. Hospital masks have to pass very specific tests and sets of criteria before they will be approved for use in a hospital environment. That way, when they hand out a mask to someone entering the hospital, the hospital staff now exactly how effective the mask is going to be, as in it removes any doubts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
It's to remove any issue of doubt. Masks of all types are available and not every mask type is tested to see just how effective they are. Hospital masks have to pass very specific tests and sets of criteria before they will be approved for use in a hospital environment. That way, when they hand out a mask to someone entering the hospital, the hospital staff now exactly how effective the mask is going to be, as in it removes any doubts.

Hi

Spot on, they are medical grade masks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on, they are medical grade masks.
So are mine, Swimmy, but when I was there for surgery (Dec 13th) they still made me wear one of theirs. I didn't mind though - better safe than sorry.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

Wonder if I should look for proper surgical masks too then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Wonder if I should look for proper surgical masks too then.

As it happens, I went to hospital today, and no one said a word about changing masks there.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:40 PM

Whatever mask is worn, the main thing to remember is...

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:57 PM

LQ on 2 recent visits to hospitals I had to swap my very good 3 layered mask with a removable filter for an inferior flimsy hospital mask.

Those are the rules I guess, because some people will not have suitable masks everyone is asked to wear a standard hospital mask
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LQ on 2 recent visits to hospitals I had to swap my very good 3 layered mask with a removable filter for an inferior flimsy hospital mask.

Those are the rules I guess, because some people will not have suitable masks everyone is asked to wear a standard hospital mask
If it's one of those horrible disposable bluey things, they smell funny & don't fit me properly, my face is too small for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top