Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:40 AM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

I've nominated my favourite 'helpers' The problem is - they may not want to be a helper.
Wouldn't it have been better if we only had members who nominated themselves and then a vote could be set up for us to choose.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've nominated my favourite 'helpers' The problem is - they may not want to be a helper.
Wouldn't it have been better if we only had members who nominated themselves and then a vote could be set up for us to choose.

I wondered that too, Carol. At least that way Admin would know they were willing to give it a go.
I do think Admin should choose though, not sure how it would work out if we 'chose our own', wouldn't you get everyone just voting for their mates?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:45 AM

I agree with you Mups, worrying about who people have nominated. They could be wanting to do it just to have their way foisted on us.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wondered that too, Carol. At least that way Admin would know they were willing to give it a go.
I do think Admin should choose though, not sure how it would work out if we 'chose our own', wouldn't you get everyone just voting for their mates?
Originally Posted by TessA ->
I agree with you Mups, worrying about who people have nominated. They could be wanting to do it just to have their way foisted on us.
I certainly wouldn't vote for a friend if I thought them unsuitable but I guess other members might not be so fair-minded ... or have any mind whatsoever
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel;828563[B
]I certainly wouldn't vote for a friend if I thought them unsuitable but I guess other members might not be so fair-minded ...[/B] or have any mind whatsoever
I like that Rachel - sign of good character
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I like that Rachel - sign of good character
teeheeeeee

Practising being cantankerous
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
teeheeeeee

Practising being cantankerous
You've spoilt it now ...............
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:16 PM

I don't think the Folk I've nominated will take up the offer of Mod'..I also think The new Mod's would have to be long term Members who are neither popular,unpopular,or controversial,but who are fair and unbiased,a difficult decision for Admin',...My thoughts are We will just go on the way it is with just the two capable Mod's We have already
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:01 PM

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes as well as that which is visible, so it does involve a lot of the moderators' time. As the forum is growing larger it isn't surprising that Azz started the thread and if help wasn't deemed necessary I doubt the request would have been made.

My hope is they find posters that will gel with the current team, sometimes that doesn't happen. As the moderation here is just right, it would be a shame if the balance was upset.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Thankfully I wouldn't get asked, it all looks very complicated and I wouldn't understand the technical stuff, so you're all safe!

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top