Join for free
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Re: Tory party - no hard BREXIT.

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I see you’ve been taking lessons from Donald Trump

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/d-day...urope-9840041/

The only thing fake is you

Cheap shot journalism.... nothing more.

At least the veteran can answer questions, you can't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Hi

If Brexit is to succeed we need a financially competent Government.

Brexit and Corbyn is not a good mix.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:30 AM

I see Raab is in trouble for threatening "proroguing Parliament" - basically locking out Parliament in order to get a Hard Brexit through as MPs will never allow it to proceed.
Reading about it this morning, it appears that should he be man enough to go ahead with his threat it would cause a "constitutional crisis" for the Queen. The poison dwarf is insisting this will never happen and that is the end of the matter.(he would fit in well in the EU).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I see Raab is in trouble for threatening "proroguing Parliament" - basically locking out Parliament in order to get a Hard Brexit through as MPs will never allow it to proceed.
Reading about it this morning, it appears that should he be man enough to go ahead with his threat it would cause a "constitutional crisis" for the Queen. The poison dwarf is insisting this will never happen and that is the end of the matter.(he would fit in well in the EU).

John Bercow is correct, it would create a constitutional crisis. We decapitated an evil barsteward for just that some 400 years ago, if Raab tries that again, it could potentially lead to yet another civil war.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Hi

If Raab gets away with that democracy is finished in this country.

We then have a dictatorship.

If Corbyn gets in with that as a precedent we then have a Marxist State.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:51 AM

That scenario seems over the top Joe, but the 5th column within our own Parliament must take the full blame for something such as a prorogue of Parliament even being thought of. They should hang their heads in shame because it is through their perverse action in trying to thwart Brexit, that has resulted in such an extraordinary plan of action from Raab in order to get Brexit implemented as per the result of the Referendum.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 11:15 AM

That scenario seems over the top Joe, but the 5th column within our own Parliament must take the full blame for something such as a prorogue of Parliament even being thought of. They should hang their heads in shame because it is through their perverse action in trying to thwart Brexit, that has resulted in such an extraordinary plan of action from Raab in order to get Brexit implemented as per the result of the Referendum.

There will be an even bigger constitutional crisis if we don't leave on 31st October.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There will be an even bigger constitutional crisis if we don't leave on 31st October.
Hi

Depends on your viewpoint.

The Greens and Lib Dems campaigned on the basis of Remain, you knew exactly what you were voting for.

That is fair and reasonable.

Both Conservative and Labour promised that they would respect the result of the Referendum.

Neither of them have.

If we do not leave on 31st October we need a General Election and a win for the Brexit Party.

We need to break the system, both of them need to be consigned to the past.

We simply cannot have a situation where the Political Elite overrule ordinary voters.

I did not vote Leave because of the finances or EU Immigration.

I voted because of further Integration and the fact that France and Germany ran the EU.

I want no part of that at all.

The more this goes on the more convinced I am that vote Leave was the right thing to do.

My Vote, and the vote of others, is equally as important as the vote of the Political Elite.

That is the crucial thing, anything else is wrong.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-06-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Depends on your viewpoint.

The Greens and Lib Dems campaigned on the basis of Remain, you knew exactly what you were voting for.

That is fair and reasonable.

Both Conservative and Labour promised that they would respect the result of the Referendum.

Neither of them have.

If we do not leave on 31st October we need a General Election and a win for the Brexit Party.

We need to break the system, both of them need to be consigned to the past.

We simply cannot have a situation where the Political Elite overrule ordinary voters.

I did not vote Leave because of the finances or EU Immigration.

I voted because of further Integration and the fact that France and Germany ran the EU.

I want no part of that at all.

The more this goes on the more convinced I am that vote Leave was the right thing to do.

My Vote, and the vote of others, is equally as important as the vote of the Political Elite.

That is the crucial thing, anything else is wrong.

Pretty much the same as I think too, Swimfeeders.

The Greens, Lib Dems and CHUK have an even bigger problem because if we do leave, they are pretty much irrelevant. They are clinging on for dear life.

Only a new party can sort this out - however, the Brexit Party (as far as I can see) are falling into the same trap Conservatives and Labour have fallen into and that firstly, although they have no manifesto, the bigger problem is that they are not giving us the vision of the future outside the EU.

If it were me as the next conservative PM I would form an alliance with the Brexit Party and call a General Election. It would send labour to the history books as well.

The people will never forget what Parliament has done to our vote.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-06-2019, 12:26 PM

Hi

The vision of our future outside the EU depends on the skill and ability of our Politicians.

The present bunch have been kicked into touch by an aging drunkard, Juncker.

I simply do not trust any of the present bunch to do any better.

Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top